Yes or No ?

Will only a full lockdown halt the spread ?

• Yes

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • I really do not give a Monkeys.

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Is a full Lockdown the only way to stop Covid 19 ?

B

Bad_Influence

I said at the start that Boris should have gone with the herd-immunity strategy but I knew he couldn’t as it would have been political suicide. Yes, on an individual level it may have hit harder in the short term, but as a nation, both on an economic and mental health basis, it would have left us in a far better position than we currently face.

Lex51

Howdy ya'll
Reaction score
That's not an option for me as I am in stage 4 COPD. If I contract the virus I won't survive.

B

Bad_Influence

That's not an option for me as I am in stage 4 COPD. If I contract the virus I won't survive.

As I said, harder on a personal level. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone but at some point the needs of the masses must outweigh the needs of the individual. Not ideal I know. :(

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
No. The cure is now worse than the disease.

You mean the hit to the economy is worse than what is coming?

These new restrictions will achieve nothing at all.

The only thing that had any effect was full lockdown.

I think its the only option but we will see,
A vacciene is not close you are looking at years not months.

Lockdown was ended to soon IMO.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

Hold tight man and stay safe....

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Is a full Lockdown the only way to stop Covid 19 ?

This is a 'no brainer' (an expression I personally detest but in keeping with the Forum audience)!
Of course limiting human interaction to a greater degree is BOUND to reduce the spread of the virus.
Next question, please ...

B

Bad_Influence

You mean the hit to the economy is worse than what is coming?

These new restrictions will achieve nothing at all.

The only thing that had any effect was full lockdown.

I think its the only option but we will see,
A vacciene is not close you are looking at years not months.

Lockdown was ended to soon IMO.

I mean that the attempts to reduce infection will hit humanity harder than the virus ever could.
I’d like to know how many are currently being killed by COVID in comparison to the number killed by the flu in a similar time period. I do think we are now being fooled. Preventing people from working, stopping people attending sports events, not to mention the wonderful idea of closing pubs an hour earlier will only cause people to ignore the general rules. It can’t help. It can only force, or rather encourage people to do what they each feels suits them.
As we see every day, many ignore the use of face masks, families will meet, anti-maskers will protest.
The only answer is to let life get back to normal but make people wear masks or visors in public. At least that can be policed, unlike most other regulations currently in place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
yes its the only way ..but if people would keep to the distancing and not gather in groups would be a great help i think.
I'm hoping its not the only way I think if people just used there brains all they have to do is the social distancing and wear face masks its not rocket science otherwise it will become apparent that another lockdown will happen and im not sure how people will cope mentally .

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a 'complete lockdown.'
Too many 'essential services' are still going about their business, and spreading the disease. Too many morons are refusing to comply with any lockdown, and spreading the disease. Too many parents want their kids at school.
Intelligent people will make their own judgements and very probably survive; morons may not.
I think that this winter, and it's effects, will convince many people that care of oneself and one's fellow man is not just required, it is absolutely necessary.

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
As I said if people don't follow the rules unfortunately I think we will go back into lockdown:(

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
As I said if people don't follow the rules unfortunately I think we will go back into lockdown:(

Look at todays news , we are heading for a Lockdown that will cost the GOV less.

They already know these measures do not work , they are not stupid..........oh wait !

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Next question is will you ever grow up ?

You asked for opinions. You got one. You don't have to agree with it. It's as a simple as that. By the way, being offensive won't change anything.
:rolleyes:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
We need a vaccine. That is the only thing that will bring back normality and instigate some immunity. Without a vaccine this could just continue.
I have to agree with you there. This is no "ordinary" Virus .It has intentions and capability to virtually wipe out the human race !.Once it`s eaten all of the vulnerable people will it just die out? It seems to me the only way to reduce it`s spread is to cut out it`s method of spreading .At the moment all i can see is that something like a full lockdown plus seems to work .The proof is there for anyone to see . Pubs having to close at 10pm ? Disastrous ! They closed at 10pm when i used to use them and we never had riots then. We may have to re-learn how to live together without all the luxuries of modern society;24/7 shopping is yet another case for review Greedy bosses want more .People can surely get their shopping done in a normal day/week ,we used to ! many people have learned how to walk around with a mask on all the time . That`s totally inhuman imo. Get this Virus under control by whatever means we can ,Universally, and then back to a much better "normality" with clean air ,less cars ,less travelling many miles to work ( we worked where we lived when i started work !).. Await the nasty responses now :).

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I have to agree with you there. This is no "ordinary" Virus .It has intentions and capability to virtually wipe out the human race !.Once it`s eaten all of the vulnerable people will it just die out? It seems to me the only way to reduce it`s spread is to cut out it`s method of spreading .At the moment all i can see is that something like a full lockdown plus seems to work .The proof is there for anyone to see . Pubs having to close at 10pm ? Disastrous ! They closed at 10pm when i used to use them and we never had riots then. We may have to re-learn how to live together without all the luxuries of modern society;24/7 shopping is yet another case for review Greedy bosses want more .People can surely get their shopping done in a normal day/week ,we used to ! many people have learned how to walk around with a mask on all the time . That`s totally inhuman imo. Get this Virus under control by whatever means we can ,Universally, and then back to a much better "normality" with clean air ,less cars ,less travelling many miles to work ( we worked where we lived when i started work !).. Await the nasty responses now :).

for once i agree with you.

Back