Closing pubs at 10pm is going to help how?

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Maybe I am missing something, I am sure this will generate a few comments, but how will closing pubs at 10pm help slow down the spread of the virus? People can go out early still get hammered not social distance and bam spread the virus!

Like someone else has said why not hold school lessons in pubs because it seems they are the safest place...

Not sure myself and baffled what does everyone else think? Does anyone have the ear of the cabinet to source this information ?

I am very optimistic we will get to the bottom of this matter on this thread...

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Not going to help people just dont listen theres a virus everyone should be taking care

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
Years ago the pubs used to shut for 10 dunno if it will help but like words has said if ppl dont dont do as there told its gonna go worse and rather not go back into a full lockdown

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
There seems to be a confusion between infection rates, which are the subject of more testing taking place, and death rates from the virus. There are bound to be more infection rates when more people are being tested. This is no shock or surprise.

As for pubs closing at 10pm? I don't see the issue personally. It won't impact me anyway, since i rarely visit pubs. I don't drink alcohol either. But i could see off-licenses benefiting from pubs closing at 10pm, due to people wanting to drink more after closing times.

As for social distancing, i haven't seen people in my area taking it seriously. Schools are overcrowded with people, parents are driving their cars up to the school, even though they're five or ten minutes away from their house. It's utter chaos, and it's impossible to social distance.

I think at this point, they're making it up as they go along. The problem is with these so called "experts" like Professor Neil Ferguson, who is the brainchild behind the first lockdown. Yes, that bloke who defied his own lockdown rules so he could see his bit on the side in his second home.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Just be nice to get normality back :)

Hopefully by bonfire night so we can all burn our masks. They won't be missed once we no longer have to wear them, that's for sure. Penny for the masks.

Whiskers

Miss Angelic ;)
Reaction score
Hopefully by bonfire night so we can all burn our masks. They won't be missed once we no longer have to wear them, that's for sure. Penny for the masks.

Should be called that :)

Paolo

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I assume the govt are doing what they can to imitate the national lockdown measures, without there actually being a lockdown. Therefore closing the pubs one hour early might seem a fair compromise to some drinkers.

Clarity

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
people will go earlier or drink quicker. This is not helpful

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Covidiots and anti-maskers during WWII be like... (anti-blitzers)

covid deniers.jpg

Last edited:

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Maybe I am missing something, I am sure this will generate a few comments, but how will closing pubs at 10pm help slow down the spread of the virus? People can go out early still get hammered not social distance and bam spread the virus!

Like someone else has said why not hold school lessons in pubs because it seems they are the safest place...

Not sure myself and baffled what does everyone else think? Does anyone have the ear of the cabinet to source this information ?

I am very optimistic we will get to the bottom of this matter on this thread...
It isn`t that long ago that normal Pub closing time was 10pm. Greedy Landlords and pissed up drinkers persuaded the Government to stay open all hours ! There wasn`t any trouble in those times either .Another example is the 7 day opening for shops .Greedy retailers once more. If people can`t get their shopping done by Saturday then they need to take stock of their life.
Pubs & schools may well be the safest place for kids and drinkers but it`s when they leave those premeses the they become unsafe for others. .If they want the sure cure then lock the kids in schools and lock the drinkers in the pubs until a vaccine is found :).

Last edited:

azureblue

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Just to point out that pubs where open all hours day and night when they chose until World War 1 when strict opening hours were introduced mainly to stop munition workers blowing themselves up due to handling explosives when hungover. Never a good idea.

SJ79

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
The government are making it up as they go along I honestly think.

Back