Shak. Your "Fairy (oh God) Mother" Is back to solve all your problems!

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
RogerRamRod pisses me off and the Feds do nothing about it. I've tried block but somehow he seems to get around it and i still see what he's typing. What should i do?

I would very much like to empathise with your predicament as I suffer with a similar affliction.
People seem to continue whinging about what I type and are, seemingly, helpless to regale themselves of what is commonly referred to as 'the block button'.
Perhaps a licence to chat should be introduced whereby those unfamiliar with (aka ignorant of) the vast range of chat facilities are trained how to manage their chat experience. Not, of course, omitting some basic training in how to type intelligibly; but I won't go into that at this point.
I also find it incredulous that some chatters, who claim to be experienced in chat, plead ignorance to what is available to them.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Tell him to leave by a jet plane because its 24 hours to Tulsa. And we will tie a yellow ribbon round an old oak tree. Failing that tell him to take a hike to become King of the Road!

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Tell him to leave by a jet plane because its 24 hours to Tulsa. And we will tie a yellow ribbon round an old oak tree. Failing that tell him to take a hike to become King of the Road!

From* Tulsa.
You've a long way to go to beat the Guinness Book of Records in your endeavours, might I add. :rolleyes:

J

Jo_King

I would very much like to empathise with your predicament as I suffer with a similar affliction.
People seem to continue whinging about what I type and are, seemingly, helpless to regale themselves of what is commonly referred to as 'the block button'.
Perhaps a licence to chat should be introduced whereby those unfamiliar with (aka ignorant of) the vast range of chat facilities are trained how to manage their chat experience. Not, of course, omitting some basic training in how to type intelligibly; but I won't go into that at this point.
I also find it incredulous that some chatters, who claim to be experienced in chat, plead ignorance to what is available to them.
This thread is not about you, please don't bastardise it by veering away from the its intended purpose. This thread is a valuable contribution from a valued forum member designed to give advice to chatters in need. Please practise what you preach - stick to the thread's title! consider yourself chastised.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
This thread is not about you, please don't bastardise it by veering away from the its intended purpose. This thread is a valuable contribution from a valued forum member designed to give advice to chatters in need. Please practise what you preach - stick to the thread's title! consider yourself chastised.

I am actually seeking 'guidance' from the said 'valued forum member', who, might I add, contributes very infrequently and has still to respond.
When you share experiences with fellow chatters, as I have, as stated in my comment, it is highly likely that both of us will benefit from the wisdom of the aforementioned member. If you think that you might, then I will be more than pleased.
So, might I recommend in future that you read what others type correctly and not fall into the hole you have obviously prepared for yourself.
:rolleyes:

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Well, that is awfully lucky, because I have not intention of going to Tulsa or any where near America at the moment, considering the current situation, I am sorry but my answer was in jest but obvious escape some people who do not share my sense of humour, for which I profoundly apologise, however, it is my sense of humour so basically you either ignore it it or laugh along with me! People opinions are their own, I might not agree with it but I have always recognised people have sense of humours that differ from mine and good on them! So long as it is not cruel or demeaning.

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score
RogerRamRod pisses me off and the Feds do nothing about it. I've tried block but somehow he seems to get around it and i still see what he's typing. What should i do?

Turn your back to the screen, put your fingers in your ears and hum 'My Boomarang Won't Come Back'! That's what I do when I want to ignore someone ;)

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score
I like the idea of a licence to chat, sounds very James Bondish.
Yes does irritate me also when people can't just block. Those 'nice' chatters eh who respond in a rather mean way, yet still consider themselves 'nice'

Personally I can't understand why anything you say is taken to heart by anyone, you're the pantomime baddie, the common enemy the chatters need in their life to bond over.
I have no advice to give for this one. Just carry on being fabulous old chap.

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score
It's actually none of those things, I certainly don't want anyone to take this serious! Was a light post to maybe give a few people a laugh.
However too many like to take over threads that are fun and make them boring and to point score.. Hence I gave it up.

Last edited:

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Well, that is awfully lucky, because I have not intention of going to Tulsa or any where near America at the moment, considering the current situation, I am sorry but my answer was in jest but obvious escape some people who do not share my sense of humour, for which I profoundly apologise, however, it is my sense of humour so basically you either ignore it it or laugh along with me! People opinions are their own, I might not agree with it but I have always recognised people have sense of humours that differ from mine and good on them! So long as it is not cruel or demeaning.

Alas, you misunderstood me. Which does not in the least surprise me, considering the current situation.
I was in fact correcting the song title which was originally, whether or not you were aware, entitled Twenty Fours From Tulsa.
My reference to the Guinness Book of Records was relating to your attempt to quote various song titles in a prolonged sentence. Nothing more.
I was in no way suggesting that you should make your way to America to accomplish the feat. That journey would, I imagine, probably be of less than 12 hours duration if you are resident in the UK.
My answer was also in jest and I do hope that it has not caused you any offence. :)

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score
I am actually seeking 'guidance' from the said 'valued forum member', who, might I add, contributes very infrequently and has still to respond.
When you share experiences with fellow chatters, as I have, as stated in my comment, it is highly likely that both of us will benefit from the wisdom of the aforementioned member. If you think that you might, then I will be more than pleased.
So, might I recommend in future that you read what others type correctly and not fall into the hole you have obviously prepared for yourself.
:rolleyes:
I contribute infrequently because the thread veered off into a vegetarian hater thread by the same old gammon faces than ruin most threads.

Last edited:

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score
Never apologise for humour, even if no one gets it!

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I like the idea of a licence to chat, sounds very James Bondish.
Yes does irritate me also when people can't just block. Those 'nice' chatters eh who respond in a rather mean way, yet still consider themselves 'nice'

Personally I can't understand why anything you say is taken to heart by anyone, you're the pantomime baddie, the common enemy the chatters need in their life to bond over.
I have no advice to give for this one. Just carry on being fabulous old chap.

I thought you might suggest that I do exactly the same as RogerRamRod as a blanket solution to the problem. :eek:
As you state, the issue is theirs, not mine, for not having the gumption to take the simple alternative action of blocking.
Wouldn't it be great to be 'licenced to chat'? Eliminating illiterate and uncouth chatters when they step out of line.
By the way, the pantomime might have to be cancelled this year .... Oh yes, it might! But, I will always be behind you come what may. :D

*** Aladdin Trouble ***

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Alas, you misunderstood me. Which does not in the least surprise me, considering the current situation.
I was in fact correcting the song title which was originally, whether or not you were aware, entitled Twenty Fours From Tulsa.
My reference to the Guinness Book of Records was relating to your attempt to quote various song titles in a prolonged sentence. Nothing more.
I was in no way suggesting that you should make your way to America to accomplish the feat. That journey would, I imagine, probably be of less than 12 hours duration if you are resident in the UK.
My answer was also in jest and I do hope that it has not caused you any offence. :)

jenarator202

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
No offence was taken. :) Basically because I believe that if you enter into a debate, you must be able to recognise that your opinion may not be the same as others and what ever is said or in this case written is not a personal attack. In fact, as far as I am concerned every body is an individual and if we all thought the same, would not the world be a very dull place to live? As a small side note, I found that the idea equating you to be a pantomime character amusing, it is very apt! :)

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
No offence was taken. :) Basically because I believe that if you enter into a debate, you must be able to recognise that your opinion may not be the same as others and what ever is said or in this case written is not a personal attack. In fact, as far as I am concerned every body is an individual and if we all thought the same, would not the world be a very dull place to live? As a small side note, I found that the idea equating you to be a pantomime character amusing, it is very apt! :)

I am not called WickedPerdition for nothing. Your ORIGINAL 'chatroom baddie'. :cool:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
As the great Ricky Gervais said ! "If I annoy you it doesn't mean that i am wrong.!

Back