Is television a form of indoctrination and if so, is it the single biggest threat to civilisation ?

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
It goes without question that all forms of media do influence minds and stop them from individual thought. You have different types of echo-chambers that encourage intolerance of opposing people's views. If you disagree with those views they encourage to shut down speech, or even cancel that person's thoughts.

For example, a news organisation may only provide their viewers part of the story and twist it to play to their narrative. This could be achieved by only showing clips of the edited video, and not the full video in it's entirety. Context is important, but when you have no clear context applied to the information provided, that information becomes counterproductive.

And here's the core issue of your subject. We have an attack on information. Why is information so important? Because as you rightfully highlight, information is a commodity, it's a method to manipulate information and set a narrative that may, or may be true. That's a powerful tool right there, and in the wrong hands, could be devastating.

Q

quietfem

all medias are controlled simply to keep the truth away but as people are like sheep tho follow what they think is norm.

L

Lancashire

When has Television/Film etc (and the MSM in general) not been a form of indoctrination?

The liberal middle class who control virtually all the levers of power in our society (UK) churn out their propaganda relentlessly, at every given opportunity. Utilizing every tool available in the media and applying numerous methods whether it be slyly covert or more openly overt. Crap like Eastenders (popcorn for the masses) always has an underlying 'liberal' message, as does the more serious so-called high brow fodder like Newsnight etc. A recent example could be the onslaught Jeremy Corbyn was subjected to from the day he was elected labour leader. The out of touch BBC (paid for by us) and which is NOT independent, churned out anti-Corbyn propaganda while he was still labour leader on a regular basis. This is the same illiberal BBC that criminalizes upwards of 100,000 every single year if they do not buy into its flawed ideology and purchase its licence. The same BBC that is now lauding the establishment liberal Sir "forensic" Keir as the next labour leader who can regain power.

Television isn't the biggest threat to civilization because it is nothing but a tool for the liberal middle classes (the chattering class) who are the biggest threat to civilization, with their consumer-driven post-capitalist destructive economic model that is rapidly destroying this planet.

B

Bad_Influence

So true it's scary.

Attachments

• bbc.jpg
    bbc.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 2

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
When has Television/Film etc (and the MSM in general) not been a form of indoctrination?

The liberal middle class who control virtually all the levers of power in our society (UK) churn out their propaganda relentlessly, at every given opportunity. Utilizing every tool available in the media and applying numerous methods whether it be slyly covert or more openly overt. Crap like Eastenders (popcorn for the masses) always has an underlying 'liberal' message, as does the more serious so-called high brow fodder like Newsnight etc. A recent example could be the onslaught Jeremy Corbyn was subjected to from the day he was elected labour leader. The out of touch BBC (paid for by us) and which is NOT independent, churned out anti-Corbyn propaganda while he was still labour leader on a regular basis. This is the same illiberal BBC that criminalizes upwards of 100,000 every single year if they do not buy into its flawed ideology and purchase its licence. The same BBC that is now lauding the establishment liberal Sir "forensic" Keir as the next labour leader who can regain power.

Television isn't the biggest threat to civilization because it is nothing but a tool for the liberal middle classes (the chattering class) who are the biggest threat to civilization, with their consumer-driven post-capitalist destructive economic model that is rapidly destroying this planet.

You have the 1%(billions, own global corporations and businesses), then you have your upper classes(millions, businesses owners, own property that they rent out, perhaps a few stocks and shares), and then you have the middle classes(hundreds of thousands, perhaps maxed out a few premium bonds) etc. Now here's the problem that Sir Keir and Labour have during the next general election. Their wealth tax policy, that not would only impact working classes, but also middle classes who may have gained some new found wealth through inheritance. They would in effect, push middle classes back down to where they started due to the heavy tax that would be forced upon them. This is why i think wealth tax is a major blunder for Labour. They have looked at the model of the Norwegians(they pay 0.86 or something like that each year) which includes tax on any assets and property that they've amassed during their lifetimes, and want to implement something similar. They've also took note of the Scandinavian tax system where the cap on tax is placed at as high as 60% tax.

And you're right, Television isn't the greatest threat to civilisation, but it sure is an influence. It's the big multi-billion dollar corporations that own most of the wealth in these countries. In America there's three big finance corporations that own corporate America. You also have corporations behind our food industries. People cook differently to corporations, and corporations are always thinking how to save money, disregarding the short term and long term health of people.

L

Lancashire

But for those wielding the real levers of power within labour, the liberal middle class (Blairite), labour under Corbyn no doubt would have won the 2017 election and came within 2,000 votes of a minority government anyway. The liberal middle class (Blairite) deliberately sabotaged Corbyn's labour with a deluge of lies and spin from the day he was elected leader and were heavily supported by a complicit MSM, including the likes of the BBC and from both the right-wing and the soft left. Sir "forensic" Keir was also the main architect who cost labour so heavily this last election when he convinced Corbyn to change labour policy on Brexit and which resulted in such an electoral disaster in former northern heartlands in particular.

The liberal middle class (Blairite), who control virtually all the levers of power in the UK, does not give two hoots regarding corporatism, in that so long as the political system panders to their specific requirements at any given time and which is why there have been no serious attempts to reform the tax system, tackle tax evasion and change the rules on tax avoidance. Both which cost the economy upwards of 100 bn a year and would go a long way towards funding the likes of the NHS and vital infrastructure.

When the likes of Sir "forensic" Keir begin to publicly kiss the arse of people like Jeremy Clarkson, the same Clarkson who has previously stated "frankly, I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families..." (striking public sector workers) it rams home just how little democracy there is within our corrupt political system.

This is all driven by television and the media, the Murdochs of this world and it is a mutually parasitic relationship. As Boris steers the tory party more to the centre, liberalism, there really is no point to New New Labour... is there.

BizarreBabe

The Biz!
Reaction score
Theatre is the way forward. Support local theatres with real people, real expressions.
Ultimately though, art is a message, whoever delivers it.

B

Bad_Influence

Theatre is the way forward. Support local theatres with real people, real expressions.
Ultimately though, art is a message, whoever delivers it.

I would agree with you if theatre and the arts weren’t rules and guided by elite leftie with no grasp of reality.

BizarreBabe

The Biz!
Reaction score
I would agree with you if theatre and the arts weren’t rules and guided by elite leftie with no grasp of reality.

What did I just say?

"support local theatres"

I'm a lefty, I am not part of the elite, I'm not brainwashed by them and I have a very firm grasp on reality. If I were to set up a local theatre of some sort it would be just a regular person setting it up with good intentions.
There's too much hate for people with different opinions, priorities and values.
I'm off to watch Netflix, I'm under their spell.

B

Bad_Influence

What did I just say?

"support local theatres"

I'm a lefty, I am not part of the elite, I'm not brainwashed by them and I have a very firm grasp on reality. If I were to set up a local theatre of some sort it would be just a regular person setting it up with good intentions.
There's too much hate for people with different opinions, priorities and values.
I'm off to watch Netflix, I'm under their spell.

All hail Netflix (just another method to brainwash the masses) lol :D:D:D:D

Enjoy

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
But for those wielding the real levers of power within labour, the liberal middle class (Blairite), labour under Corbyn no doubt would have won the 2017 election and came within 2,000 votes of a minority government anyway. The liberal middle class (Blairite) deliberately sabotaged Corbyn's labour with a deluge of lies and spin from the day he was elected leader and were heavily supported by a complicit MSM, including the likes of the BBC and from both the right-wing and the soft left. Sir "forensic" Keir was also the main architect who cost labour so heavily this last election when he convinced Corbyn to change labour policy on Brexit and which resulted in such an electoral disaster in former northern heartlands in particular.

The liberal middle class (Blairite), who control virtually all the levers of power in the UK, does not give two hoots regarding corporatism, in that so long as the political system panders to their specific requirements at any given time and which is why there have been no serious attempts to reform the tax system, tackle tax evasion and change the rules on tax avoidance. Both which cost the economy upwards of 100 bn a year and would go a long way towards funding the likes of the NHS and vital infrastructure.

When the likes of Sir "forensic" Keir begin to publicly kiss the arse of people like Jeremy Clarkson, the same Clarkson who has previously stated "frankly, I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families..." (striking public sector workers) it rams home just how little democracy there is within our corrupt political system.

This is all driven by television and the media, the Murdochs of this world and it is a mutually parasitic relationship. As Boris steers the tory party more to the centre, liberalism, there really is no point to New New Labour... is there.

I agree with corbyn during the 2017 election. The fact they still lost to arguably the worst PM in my lifetime in Theresa May, i think set the wheels in motion for Labour's eventual downfall, especially over their Brexit policy of a people's vote. The Norwegian model was a more digestible policy in 2017 for Brexiteers. And you're right, Sir Keir was the villain of the piece behind the disastrous people's vote policy for Labour.
And as for corbyn, he had vipers from within his Party that i think sabotaged his campaign from the get go. You could tell he wasn't fully behind the people's vote policy, but that was his flaw as a leader, he would sit on the fence and let his party members walk all over him.

The only way i see Sir Keir and this new Labour Party regaining power, is how the public views Boris Johnson and the government's handling of the pandemic, and the recovery on jobs and the economy in general. He'll be assessed and critiqued for the next few years, and this is where i think Sir Keir could sneak in and potentially swipe power from under the Tories noses. Gove was the brains, but lacks the personality that Boris has with the electorate, and personality is everything in politics. Johnson and the Conservatives have been lent votes and i could see a few marginals switch to the Lib Dems.

L

Lancashire

Labour took Scottish votes for granted. Followed by northern heartlands in England and now being followed by the BAME vote under Sir "forensic" Keir. All long term shifts in voting trends and in what was once considered rock-solid labour seats or solid labour voters.

"Winning" is all that counts and to "win" Sir Keir will brazenly court the Murdochs of this world and dump mildly left-wing policies (tax reform etc) to keep both the right-wing and soft left media (tax-avoiding Guardian) on board. However, "winning" on a soft left ticket means nothing in context to what labour once stood for. Labour has long been hijacked by careerists and liberals like Blair and Starmer who would slot seamlessly into either the lib dems or the tory party and labour now, as a direct consequence of Sir Keir (Blair MK 2), is nothing but the more acceptable face of crony capitalism without a true left-wing bone left in its hollow withered shell.

Jack 'crony' Straw has been piping up negatively about Corbyn again, according to our Jack Miliband was also too left-wing and when in fact most of the policies championed by both were mildly social democratic and the norm in large swathes of Northern Europe and in Germany and France etc.

"Hard left" etc is a soundbite straight from the Peter Mandelson school of spin, regurgitated by a compliant media and complete and utter bullsh*t. Then subsequently churned out by crony capitalists like the Jack Straws and Tony Blairs of this world and who all sleep soundly in their beds at night despite the mayhem and anarchy they unleashed in the Middle East and the deaths of well over 1 million in Iraq alone, we might never know the real tally, those men women and children who were violently slaughtered were not important enough to count for the then Foreign Secretary Jack Straw.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
To return to the OP... It depends if you believe in
advertising.
When I was involved it was said that tell enough people a story enough times and enough people will come to believe it.
You can then perhaps move to TV and the sex, and violence that is shown every day to begin to understand why so many are worried about the effect of TV on the vulnerable.

L

Lancashire

I have been reading an interesting exchange on a "real" left-wing news site (not the soft-left liberal Guardian etc) which demonstrates the length the 'establishment', in cahoots with the MSM, will go to to ensure continuity to the existing systems in place, whether it be political and or economic.

Jeremy Corbyn was elected labour leader 5 years ago and shortly afterward various allegations of antisemitism and other derogatory allegations began to emerge in the media and over the next five years, negative stories regarding Corbyn appeared on a daily basis throughout the MSM and from both the right-wing and soft-left sources. This negativity was ranked up immediately after labour came so close to victory in 2017.

This deluge rapidly reduced to a trickle once the acceptable face of the establishment Sir "forensic" Keir was elected leader in April. The MSM in cahoots with the establishment, monstered Corbyn and the left, while the compliant masses, sheep, squealed their indignation that a 'hard-left IRA supporting Commie' might possibly become PM. The truth is irrelevant to these people, softened up over many decades by their reliance on consumerism and sh*t TV.

It is now emerging the extreme lengths the Blairite infestation within labour (who control the levers of power within labour) went to to ensure electoral disaster for the party both in 2017 and 2019 when whistleblowers released transcripts of private conversations. This included pouring funds at existing safe seats held by Blairites and ignoring winnable marginal seats contested by left-wing Corbyn supporters. It included lies in the MSM that Blairite MPs had been violently targetted by Corbyn supporters and countless other false allegations. Yet the MSM has now completely ignored this disgusting affront to our democratic system and the racist, sexist misogyny contained within the information released by the whistleblowers.

'To return the OP', a political and economic model propped up by a corrupt MSM, that is destroying the planet will, yes, eventually destroy civilisation as we know it.

B

Bad_Influence

Corbyn, along with Abbott and Lammy ensured that Labour were completely un-electable, no matter how much the BBC, Sky, and the leftie press tried to deny it.

L

Lancashire

If you think the BBC and Sky (or the MSM) are left-wing, while they themselves repeatedly regurgitated the "Corbyn is unelectable" line over the past five years, then the irony totally bypasses you now.

Back