Question For Admin

ange52

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Welcome to our free online chat rooms. The following are our official rooms, for countries, regions, and topics relevant to chatters in the UK. These rooms are moderated by UKC staff and volunteers and are the more popular chat rooms that we host. All rooms are free, mobile compatible, support webcam and microphone, and do not require registration,

Why are guests not allowed if it says all rooms do not require registration , or is this the mods making things up again?
Why are the mods allowed to overturn the site rules ?

J

JustinCredible

Welcome to our free online chat rooms. The following are our official rooms, for countries, regions, and topics relevant to chatters in the UK. These rooms are moderated by UKC staff and volunteers and are the more popular chat rooms that we host. All rooms are free, mobile compatible, support webcam and microphone, and do not require registration,

Why are guests not allowed if it says all rooms do not require registration , or is this the mods making things up again?
When it says 'All rooms are free' it may mean that there's no charge to use the rooms.
I'm all in favour of one room being for registered users only but if there's more than one it devalues it somewhat. . .

ange52

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
When it says 'All rooms are free' it may mean that there's no charge to use the rooms.
I'm all in favour of one room being for registered users only but if there's more than one it devalues it somewhat. . .
  • Welcome to our free online chat rooms. The following are our official rooms, for countries, regions, and topics relevant to chatters in the UK. These rooms are moderated by UKC staff and volunteers and are the more popular chat rooms that we host. All rooms are free, mobile compatible, support webcam and microphone,( and do not require registration,)
JustinCredible I can see that it says (ALL ROOMS ARE FREE) it also states has I have underlined above ,you DO NOT REQUIRE REGISTRATION so would suggest that it says all guests can use any rooms .

J

JustinCredible

yes it does say 'No registration is required to enjoy any of these rooms'. Also the core principle of this chat site was 'chat without registration' but that's now clearly changed. The site owners seem to have changed their business model..which I suppose is their right.

ange52

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
yes it does say 'No registration is required to enjoy any of these rooms'. Also the core principle of this chat site was 'chat without registration' but that's now clearly changed. The site owners seem to have changed their business model..which I suppose is their right.
OK that's fine if site owners have changed their business model that's up to them they should update the pages …………….The question now is was it them or the mods?
The pages that need updating are the one as you go into chat and its also on the home page these both say guest users can go in all rooms.

F

FaeryDust

OK that's fine if site owners have changed their business model that's up to them they should update the pages …………….The question now is was it them or the mods?
The pages that need updating are the one as you go into chat and its also on the home page these both say guest users can go in all rooms.

Ange, it's not

Ange, hello. Well, you're actually banned, and the reasoning for this, is the bullying you put another mod through, I wont go into the personal stuff, but you did,didn't you?And that will not be tolerated.

In regards to your question, I will let you know, that this trial that we are testing of the no guest rooms,is something we have had thumbs up from, by admin. The reason the message has not changed yet on the site, is because this is a trial and we are working out our next move. Thank you for your time and concern though, it's appreciated.

ange52

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Ange, it's not

Ange, hello. Well, you're actually banned, and the reasoning for this, is the bullying you put another mod through, I wont go into the personal stuff, but you did,didn't you?And that will not be tolerated.

In regards to your question, I will let you know, that this trial that we are testing of the no guest rooms,is something we have had thumbs up from, by admin. The reason the message has not changed yet on the site, is because this is a trial and we are working out our next move. Thank you for your time and concern though, it's appreciated.

Thank you for your answer...….. my next question...….. is why you could not put it in site news or at the top of the rooms that its a trial '
Why I was banned I done no more than she done to a good chatter and made him change he's room ONE LINK IS TO MANY then done a u turn and never apologised ……….. HOW LONG IS MY BAN PLEASE ?

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Do people really think the mods have that much power that they can change the rules! it don't take a genius to work out the owners must have taken the decision to make certain changes.

I think people from the "old" site got away with so much they can't handle someone else being in change

F

FaeryDust

Thank you for your answer...….. my next question...….. is why you could not put it in site news or at the top of the rooms that its a trial '
Why I was banned I done no more than she done to a good chatter and made him change he's room ONE LINK IS TO MANY then done a u turn and never apologised ……….. HOW LONG IS MY BAN PLEASE ?

We could ask admin to, if it really does mean that much to you. I dont mind either way. You once got on with Hollie, then once you've decided she isnt your cup of tea anymore, you get personal with the things shes told you and trusted you with in the past. Did Hollie do that to you? Or to anyone else? Bullying isnt okay.

It's permanent.I watched how nasty you were to her, it was shocking.

ange52

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
We could ask admin to, if it really does mean that much to you. I dont mind either way. You once got on with Hollie, then once you've decided she isnt your cup of tea anymore, you get personal with the things shes told you and trusted you with in the past. Did Hollie do that to you? Or to anyone else? Bullying isnt okay.

It's permanent.I watched how nasty you were to her, it was shocking.

Well thank you for that Faerydust think you got that the other way round but hay ho...…. yes I have seen her nasty and I have the logs still I agree bullying is bad.

I went away from her in the Youngatheart room, because of the rules to the England room she could not let it be she had to follow .

Have a nice day.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
All I would like to add is..........if u dont allow guests u end up without members.
Hope to see ya soon Ange52 x

midget_gem

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
oh happy happy days. but ya ken be nice to be informed of stuff whether trial or for good. like a wee message on the main page would be nice like an updated section

midget_gem

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
What you wanna know midget gem?

it was a general statement. it's called common curtesy. any changes affecting chatters whether it involves t & c's, forum or rooms we should be notified on Main page. cause be it Any chatter this place probably wouldn't exist

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Thats very true........and it happens on many sites. The whole problem is that many admins dont seem to think that without chatters they wont have a chat site....sad !

Back