Discrimination...

D

Deadpool

...against gingers to be banned!

Ive noticed a LOT of comments about people with ginger hair, some of them extremely abusive and I think it needs to STOP!

You wouldnt say a person of certain colour should be shot, maimed or whatever barrage of insults without getting banned, so why should hair colour differ?

Discrimination is discrimination regardless.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
i am called a dumb blonde by few friends. all i jest.

Snowmanky

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Calling someone ginger bollocks isn't hate speech .

Neither is it discrimatory .

Maggie681

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score

Ive noticed a LOT of comments about people with ginger hair, some of them extremely abusive and I think it needs to STOP!

You wouldnt say a person of certain colour should be shot, maimed or whatever barrage of insults without getting banned, so why should hair colour differ?

I missed that all and I think the whole being called a ginger or a bluey is all in good jest unless you are a sensitive soul. Teasing and taunting in chat or in life seems to be very common for SOME. I have witnessed some horrible incidents in chatrooms and that is why I always keep to myself now as groups of people do seem to band against others or turn on others in a flash.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score

Yes, I completely agree.
Next, we'll be getting taunted for having scary avatars or screen names. ;)

P.S. How does anyone know if you are 'ginger'? Is it, as per usual, total speculation? Or, do people think being called 'ginge' or 'ginger', the height of all insults? Isn't being called a troll the most spiteful, derogatory and harshest of all 'insults', (he asks in typical sadonic manner)?
I await a response from chat's foremost example.

D

Deadpool

I missed that all and I think the whole being called a ginger or a bluey is all in good jest unless you are a sensitive soul. Teasing and taunting in chat or in life seems to be very common for SOME. I have witnessed some horrible incidents in chatrooms and that is why I always keep to myself now as groups of people do seem to band against others or turn on others in a flash.

Being called ginger is 1 thing. Saying gingers should be shot or die is another

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I hear it all the time - kids telling other kids they are 'ginger'. Well, no poop, Poirot! Well spotted! It seems weird, doesn't it, to tell someone what colour their hair is, but they are doing it to be inflammatory, which, as it stands, is not; it's just a fact. However, there is one other generalisation I am able to make here: in the vast majority of cases, those who gingerabuse are usually quite dim. They are the people who would also sometimes have racist tendencies, but not stemming from any past experience or knowledge - just because they've perhaps heard a jibe, maybe on a football field or on tv and just pass it off as their own. They are also those who would call someone 'fat', etc... those offended by these people often don't seem to be able to see the bigger picture and laugh at or sympathise with their lack of understanding, humour or empathy and waste their time being saddened by them. Also, those kids who DO abuse others in this unsophisticated way very often seem to be quite lonely themselves; very often, the ginger victim won't even be able to see that because the confidence of a bully will usually crush everything else. My Cookiedogg was ginger. She was ace.

Snowmanky

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Ginger pubes are awful . Let's be honest here.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Ginger pubes are awful . Let's be honest here.

Speaking from personal experience, presumably?
Simple remedy: shave them if they bother you.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Speaking from personal experience, presumably?
Simple remedy: shave them if they bother you.
It would take a long time and a lot of razor refills to shave them all! And wouldn't one need permission?

Back