Movies watched , reviewed and rated ➳ ➳ ➳

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I watched 'Ad Astra' last night. This is a bad film with a story that just doesn't make sense. Even an actor as amazing as Brad Pitt could not save this film. I mean, pirates on the moon? moon pirates! I don't know why, but whilst watching, I kept thinking about 'Apocalypse Now' and '2001 a space odyssey' mashed into one. :rolleyes:
5/10

Sounds like a "Swerve" ;)

Snowmanky

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Tried to watch The Hunger Games , thought it may be interesting .

Lasted 15 minutes .

< awaits hilarious retort >

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Days of Thunder
This film passed me by when it first came out. Every night seems to be film night here at rooftop mansions, well there's little else to do, and because I like Tom Cruise, (hasn't he done well for himself in Hollywood, given that he's height challenged?) I thought I'd give it a try. What a film, it lives up to its title. The speed of those cars, thundering along inches from each other. A great film for anyone who loves motor sport or Tom Cruise.
9/10

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Days of Thunder
This film passed me by when it first came out. Every night seems to be film night here at rooftop mansions, well there's little else to do, and because I like Tom Cruise, (hasn't he done well for himself in Hollywood, given that he's height challenged?) I thought I'd give it a try. What a film, it lives up to its title. The speed of those cars, thundering along inches from each other. A great film for anyone who loves motor sport or Tom Cruise.
9/10

I loved it also , Cole Trickle lol ......
I loved Nicole Kidmans role in the Movie also .....
A decent family movie that doesn't just focus on Nascar , something for everyone .....
9/10 also for me =D

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Tried to watch The Hunger Games , thought it may be interesting .

Lasted 15 minutes .

< awaits hilarious retort >

I enjoyed all of the Hunger Games movies ,

The first was the best as often is the case i find.

I would deffo give the first movie an 8/10. (Originality was good for me)

Last edited:

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
John Wick

An ex-hit-man comes out of retirement to track down the gangsters that killed his dog and took everything from him

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2911666

I watched this last night when i couldn't sleep , It was alright i suppose ,
I'm a sucker for a cute puppy sooo.....
It was enjoyable , good action and some moving moments.

Keanu plays a strong lead role.

7/10

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Days of Thunder (1990) - IMDb - Free Chat Rooms

Cole Trickle enters the high-pressure world of Nascar racing. He's a hot driver with a hot temper, and this attitude gets him into trouble not only with other drivers, but members of his own team as well.

@Info.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
The Hunger Games (2012) - IMDb - Free Chat Rooms

Katniss Everdeen voluntarily takes her younger sister's place in the Hunger Games: a televised competition in which two teenagers from each of the twelve Districts of Panem are chosen at random to fight to the death.

Original and gripping.
8/10

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I seem to be on a motor racing kick these days. Watching 'Days of Thunder' led me onto
'Talladega nights: the ballad of Ricky Bobby' with Will Ferrel and Sacha Baron Cohen. Most of the humour passed me by but some great shots of the cars on the high speed track.
5/10

Shazam! Watched this on Sky last night. This is a fun movie for the whole family. It's the best comic book superhero film since 'Kick Ass'
10/10

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Rampage -
Stars:
Dwayne Johnson, Naomie Harris, Malin Akerman

When three different animals become infected with a dangerous pathogen, a primatologist and a geneticist team up to stop them from destroying Chicago.

Rampage (2018) - IMDb - Free Chat Rooms

Watched this today and what an awesome film it is , My son loved it ,
Keeps you pretty gripped all the way through and it kinda has a bit of everything for everyone,
Non stop action with some nice digital effects that look very real ,

Really enjoyed this movie ,

8/10

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Once upon a time in Hollywood.
Saw this when it first came out and watched it again last night on Sky. This a good movie, I mean, a really good movie. Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio, those two alone in a nice double act makes it worth a viewing. I loved the ending, If only the real life events could have worked out like they did in the movie. :(
10/10

xxlavenderxx

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Pan's Labyrinth

Ok it is in Spanish and subtitled but within 5 minutes of watching i had forgotten it was subtitled and was really gripped by it.
Set in Spain in 1940's during one of the wars, it follows the story of a young lonely girl who immerses herself into a fantasy world to try and help her mother.
Written directed and produced by Guillermo del Toro and really worth a watch.

10/10

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Once upon a time in Hollywood.
Saw this when it first came out and watched it again last night on Sky. This a good movie, I mean, a really good movie. Brad Pitt and Leonardo DiCaprio, those two alone in a nice double act makes it worth a viewing. I loved the ending, If only the real life events could have worked out like they did in the movie. :(
10/10

Hmmm was not aware of this , 10/10 ehh , i'll deffo take a look ty :)

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Pan's Labyrinth

Ok it is in Spanish and subtitled but within 5 minutes of watching i had forgotten it was subtitled and was really gripped by it.
Set in Spain in 1940's during one of the wars, it follows the story of a young lonely girl who immerses herself into a fantasy world to try and help her mother.
Written directed and produced by Guillermo del Toro and really worth a watch.

10/10

Subtitles drive me insane and my Spanish deffo is not a 10/10 lol !

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Hmmm was not aware of this , 10/10 ehh , i'll deffo take a look ty :)
It doesn't score highly on IMDB, think it was 7.5 the last time I looked. I only scored it 10 because being aware of the Charles Manson cult and what became of the pregnant Sharon Tate I was expecting to be traumatised by the end with the extreme violence, as you'd expect from Tarantino, but I was pleasantly surprised. It actually ended up as a feel-good movie. :cool:

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
It doesn't score highly on IMDB, think it was 7.5 the last time I looked. I only scored it 10 because being aware of the Charles Manson cult and what became of the pregnant Sharon Tate I was expecting to be traumatised by the end with the extreme violence, as you'd expect from Tarantino, but I was pleasantly surprised. It actually ended up as a feel-good movie. :cool:

Spoiler alert :p

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Film stars don't die in Liverpool.
Our local charity shop sells its DVD's 4 for a £1, has there ever been a better time to collect DVDs? Of the 4 I picked up my immediate thought on this one was - what a stupid title for a film! but after watching it, it's quite appropriate and it's not a bad movie at all. It depicts the last couple of years in the life of the eccentric, Oscar winning actress Gloria Grahame. If you're a fan of film noir you'll know who she is, she often played the femme fatale opposite the likes of Humphrey Bogart. For a film based on true events it's surprisingly accurate.
8/10

MrFaustian

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
The Cube 1997 (Drama, Mystery, Sci-fi)

Six different people, each from a very different walk of life, awaken to find themselves inside a giant cube with thousands of possible rooms. Each has a skill that becomes clear when they must band together to get out: a cop, a math whiz, a building designer, a doctor, an escape master, and a disabled man. Each plays a part in their thrilling quest to find answers as to why they've been imprisoned.

imdb 7.2

liked the movie just popped into my head and pretty good independent cinema

Last edited:
Back