N H S.

B

Bad_Influence

Speaking of FB, the latest thing doing the rounds on there is that we should all give 3 cheers at a specific time and date for. . .don't ask me for whom, I didn't get that far I clicked it off. This madness could well become a craze! :) but I'll tell you who I won't be clapping, cheering whatever for, is for the binmen!, my wheelie bin is still proudly sitting outside my front gate patiently waiting since yesterday to be picked up. :mad:
First we get Youtube influencers, then FB influencers, please don't let it spread to this superb forum.

They will be lighting candles and having midnight vigils next (because that ALWAYS helps).

P.S. I prefer Bad_Influencers :p

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I have just read this i gone right off u now
no they duidt stop work ....ones on their breaks cam out to listen yes if they got break.
who is hoarding medical supplies ? do tell us.
and u use fb too i bet...

I think now the government realise how much they worth so maybe he look at it when this is all over

He's basically stating the hypocrisy of people who applauded the NHS staff and community carers, but were also the ones who panicked bought and left those very same NHS staff in tears because there were no more goods in the shop after their shifts.

His point is still very much a pro-NHS stance, and i do agree that the NHS staff and community carers should be paid more wages.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The British medical association has told medical students to NOT volunteer on NHS wards to fight the Corona virus until the government draws up a national contract on pay, holiday and pension .. . . . . .

Rainbow

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Very envious of NHS staff who get a much better deal and pension than people in social care. Respect to them. But social care needs to be seen as being on par with them and Not a poor relation.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Very envious of NHS staff who get a much better deal and pension than people in social care. Respect to them. But social care needs to be seen as being on par with them and Not a poor relation.

I've always agreed with that. People within the social care sector also do such valuable job in our society, yet don't seem to be recognised equally in value as NHS staff do. And that's no knock on NHS staff themselves, but the whole system itself. I believe work itself should have its rewards and benefits, but some sectors miss the nail by a long shot when it concerns workers.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

I agree.
Because it's contracted out to the public sector you are manipulated it is unfair.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Oh my, I had to laugh yesterday at the government's daily Corona update. The NHS bigwig was saying the NHS is all in this together and hospitals can help each other with equipment. You just try borrowing something from ANOTHER WARD! "Hello, it's ward 7, can we borrow a Baxter pump from you?" "No, sorry, they're all in use" You'd hang up and think 'Lying sods". So yeah, good luck borrowing equipment from another hospital. :rolleyes:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
What makes a doctor or nurse do what they do in times like this. Would you?
Would you walk in to a 12.5 hour shift in a ward stuffed full of Corona sufferers, without proper protective clothing?
Would you?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
20 % of doctors and nurses are off work at the moment, self-isolating, or just can't face going into the hospital. Can you blame them? no.

Pepper_pot

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
i've got 5 family members that are doctors, with 6 kids between them. Hoping they all stay safe

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I guess this is why we have professional organisations to help us through situations like this .....
I guess some times it takes a serious situation to make us realise and lessons will be learned (hopefully) ....

Why don't people clap the International Red Cross everyday ?
They do amazing work worldwide working in War zones , saving children , delivering food and aid etc ....

Do we clap for these people or do they just get on with it ??

Testing times for the NHS let's hope lessons are learned by the Government who just by the way knew this was coming long before we did.

Let's hope this is over sooner rather than later.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
And i would also just like to add ,

This is a worldwide problem , count yourself lucky you have an NHS , Support them in a worth while way like getting the Government to pay and supply them properly ?

I have lived in countries where there is no care system at all , spare a thought for those people who will be going through actual hell.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200405-083044_9GAG.jpg

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
This clap for carers, when did it become a weekly thing, are people doing it out of peer pressure, not wanting to be the only one in their street not joining in? It can't go on forever, how long before people tire of it, get bored and drift away? it's bound to peter out. In a few weeks some poor
sod will be standing in the street on his own like billy-no-mates wondering where the hell is everyone. Not that I've ever joined in with the mass clapping frenzy as you may have gathered.
If I want to thank someone I'll do it in my own way, I don't feel the need to stand outside my home like some automaton, clapping like a deranged seal.

B

Bad_Influence

This clap for carers, when did it become a weekly thing, are people doing it out of peer pressure, not wanting to be the only one in their street not joining in? It can't go on forever, how long before people tire of it, get bored and drift away? it's bound to peter out. In a few weeks some poor
sod will be standing in the street on his own like billy-no-mates wondering where the hell is everyone. Not that I've ever joined in with the mass clapping frenzy as you may have gathered.
If I want to thank someone I'll do it in my own way, I don't feel the need to stand outside my home like some automaton, clapping like a deranged seal.

I couldn't agree more. Get ALL key workers (not just NHS workers) a cash hand out, and the correct PPE instead of this useless face-saving applause thing. I know our staff would, as home carers, prefer they were given enough face masks and aprons to safely do their job, than some people standing outside clapping just because they would feel guilty if they didn't.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

I had too i just can't help myself ;)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The clapping seal is filled with glee,
you've all done jolly well, says he.
He'll be delighted I just know,
still, simply must dash, cheerio! :rolleyes:

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
The clapping seal is filled with glee,