SHOPS ILLEGALLY OVERCHARGING!

AngelTearz

Staff member
Reaction score
In light of the new corona virus COVID-19 you will have noticed that a lot of shops have hiked up their prices on a lot of essential items. What they are doing is absurd and against the law. Not all people including elderly and low paid people can afford these extortionate prices. If you notice any shops putting prices up you should contact trading standards. They will be prosecuted!!!

Any shop overcharging need reporting. It is illegal:
Trading standards advice

England - 0808 223 1133 [email protected]
Scotland - 0808 164 6000
Northern Ireland - 0300 123 6262
Wales 01495 235291

L

lucianthp

I haven't noticed any price increases in the shops I've been in. Which ones have you been to where the prices have been drastically increased? Perhaps a name and shame, as well as you reporting them to trading standards, would help other chatters avoid these stores.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any price increases in the shops I've been in. Which ones have you been to where the prices have been drastically increased? Perhaps a name and shame, as well as you reporting them to trading standards, would help other chatters avoid these stores.

My local corner shop is offering whisky for 5 toilet rolls and gin for four. He resells them for huge profit!! ;)

R

retiremunter

In light of the new corona virus COVID-19 you will have noticed that a lot of shops have hiked up their prices on a lot of essential items. What they are doing is absurd and against the law. Not all people including elderly and low paid people can afford these extortionate prices. If you notice any shops putting prices up you should contact trading standards. They will be prosecuted!!!

Trading standards advice

Scotland - 0808 164 6000
Wales 01495 235291

got to be able to buy the stuff first, all the shops ive been in are empty

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
The price of Assa pre roasted Chickens remains stable..

I have not checked Paella.
;)

B

Bad_Influence

I'm far more annoyed at those feckwits who are using the groups out there on the streets helping people by offering to do do shopping / collect meds / etc, to enter the houses of old folk and robbing them. There really are some evil people in the world. :(:mad::mad:

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Pretty much any corner shop in my area have bumped up the prices of essentials and have taken advantage of this pandemic situation. It is absolutely disgusting because not everyone can afford to spend extortionate shop prices on food.

L

lucianthp

"could be".. and it's the daily mirror.
I dunno about this - people buying it from the shops to sell it at stupid prices on ebay (if that's happening?) and people buying it, more the fool them I guess (the buyers) but one of your local shops just trying to make a bit more money before the shitpocalypse?.. where do you draw the line? and should you disinfect it after you've drawn it and then burn the pen?

How we as a society have reacted to this is more a concern to me if I'm honest (I blame social media etc etc!). But we will continue to act this way and eventually the insects will dominate the planet. If they're not already..

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
"could be".. and it's the daily mirror.
I dunno about this - people buying it from the shops to sell it at stupid prices on ebay (if that's happening?) and people buying it, more the fool them I guess (the buyers) but one of your local shops just trying to make a bit more money before the shitpocalypse?.. where do you draw the line? and should you disinfect it after you've drawn it and then burn the pen?

How we as a society have reacted to this is more a concern to me if I'm honest (I blame social media etc etc!). But we will continue to act this way and eventually the insects will dominate the planet. If they're not already..

Now i understand why they kept Area 51 a secret.

A

AGirlHasNoName

Its kinda sad that people are trying to make a profit off a shitty situation, like those people who went and bought like 74839274 hand sanitizers to sell for like 3 times the price on eBay and such. Really selfish.

Robbie256

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score

Trading standards advice

Scotland - 0808 164 6000
Wales 01495 235291

Trading standards advice

Scotland - 0808 164 6000
Wales 01495 235291

Robbie256

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Overcharging is not illegal. The request to report it is no more than information gathering to see the extent of it.

Back