Local flooding

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Those poor communities in Wales that have had their homes flooded out, why is nothing being done for them? they're being offered £500, what's that going to do? wouldn't even cover the contents of the freezer! They're expected to be insured, insurance that they can't get. It would appear fire and flood is treated differently.
In fairness, the £500 is a free gift and not a loan - it's for instant things like food etc. Also, we were incensed to see some on the news saying they simply didn't have insurance and not that they couldn't get it (some, of course). Some were saying they had to choose whether to buy insurance OR feed their kids. While smoking a fag.o_O

I have absolute sympathy for those flooded out but some people really do have to start helping themselves as well.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Ah that's ok then. You are forgiven.... but as for the rest of your country-folk.....:p:p:p:p:p
I'm not a raving nationalist but you see how someone like me would be annoyed by above comments, right? Not a joke about burning houses but about speaking our own language... it's weird and irritating.

B

Bad_Influence

I'm not a raving nationalist but you see how someone like me would be annoyed by above comments, right? Not a joke about burning houses but about speaking our own language... it's weird and irritating.

I get that.... These southerners hate it when I speak 'Manc' :D:D:D:D

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
you see how someone like me would be annoyed by above comments, right? Not a joke about burning houses but about speaking our own language.
You take umbrage at a comment about the Welsh language but can joke about burning houses down? :rolleyes: There's an old Yorkshire saying that i'll have to adapt for fear of being censured by the PC brigade - "There's nowt so strange as folk".

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
You take umbrage at a comment about the Welsh language but can joke about burning houses down? :rolleyes: There's an old Yorkshire saying that i'll have to adapt for fear of being censured by the PC brigade - "There's nowt so strange as folk".
Well, yes, at the suggestion I am rude! I was however never involved in the burning of houses but can still take a ribbing about it as it was appalling and there's no excusing it so there's no point denying it happened. I HAVE to defend myself with the other thing as it's just untrue in my case.

And yes! Ha ha - heaven forbid you use the 'q' word!

Back