Champions of the world!

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
We have Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua on top of the world. We have world beating rugby and cricket teams. We had tennis all wrapped up. Athletes, swimmers all bring home gold medals, world class performances and yet...…..our religion, football kicks a ball about with other home sides and gets thrashed as soon as it ventures abroad. They have won nothing of consequence In over 50 years, yet the mileage they get from the public and the media is out of all proportion to their international achievements.
It's not as though it is worth watching!

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I Love sport but theres more than sport in the world

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I Love sport but theres more than sport in the world
OK! Then tell that to the zillions of fans who. pay fortunes to watch domestic football. They are the tribes that face each other on matchdays, fight each other and pay for the vast salaries that many players, I was going to say earn, are offered.
I can only think that for some people it is necessary to go to the match, shout themselves hoarse, have a good punch up. insult the ref, chuck stuff at the goalkeepers and generally have a ball, just to help them to live their uneventful lives.
Yes. There is more to life than football: thank God!

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
We have Tyson Fury, Anthony Joshua on top of the world. We have world beating rugby and cricket teams. We had tennis all wrapped up. Athletes, swimmers all bring home gold medals, world class performances and yet...…..our religion, football kicks a ball about with other home sides and gets thrashed as soon as it ventures abroad. They have won nothing of consequence In over 50 years, yet the mileage they get from the public and the media is out of all proportion to their international achievements.
It's not as though it is worth watching!
Boxing? The only 'sport' where you set out to do physical harm to your opponent - needs to be banned. Rugby? we froze in the world cup final, every single player bottled it - best forgotten. Cricket? a sport for the middle classes, Ditto for tennis. As for swimming, athletics and other Olympic sports I can handle them if it's only every 4 years. But don't you dare diss football, don't even go there! I have watched Sunderland (or Blunderland) as we now call them, drop through the divisions and I shall continue to watch them till we return to the premier league, where we belong. :)

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Boxing is more about showmanship these days. You have your larger than life characters who make an absolute fortune training and fighting on the big stages and under the brightest of lights. I used to watch the old boxing with my late father, and we would stay up to watch the fights during the weekend. So i do have a soft spot for sporting events.

I have fond memories watching the football and rugby with friends and family too. Sharing those exciting times, and also those disappointing moments. But i feel like the magic isn't quite there anymore. I no longer watch the football or rugby as much as i used to.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Boxing? The only 'sport' where you set out to do physical harm to your opponent - needs to be banned. Rugby? we froze in the world cup final, every single player bottled it - best forgotten. Cricket? a sport for the middle classes, Ditto for tennis. As for swimming, athletics and other Olympic sports I can handle them if it's only every 4 years. But don't you dare diss football, don't even go there! I have watched Sunderland (or Blunderland) as we now call them, drop through the divisions and I shall continue to watch them till we return to the premier league, where we belong. :)
Oh! You poor lost soul. Have you nothing better to fill your time than footy?

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Boxing is more about showmanship these days. You have your larger than life characters who make an absolute fortune training and fighting on the big stages and under the brightest of lights. I used to watch the old boxing with my late father, and we would stay up to watch the fights during the weekend. So i do have a soft spot for sporting events.

I have fond memories watching the football and rugby with friends and family too. Sharing those exciting times, and also those disappointing moments. But i feel like the magic isn't quite there anymore. I no longer watch the football or rugby as much as i used to.
I love to watch cricket, not that there's much to watch without supporting Murdoch these days. As to rugby, not a lot; it's not like playing; but football...……………….! Do me a favour and ban it.

B

Bad_Influence

I love to watch cricket, not that there's much to watch without supporting Murdoch these days. As to rugby, not a lot; it's not like playing; but football...……………….! Do me a favour and ban it.

So everything YOU don't like should be banned?

Back