Trolling needs to stop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidi_Hi

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Well said Jeff. I agree that using block does not resolve the situation in many cases, though I do use it myself in some. There are certain groups of chatters who have the same futile, nasty, mum slating arguments daily in the lobby and every time it starts all decent chatters go quiet or leave and the arguments take over the room. The arguments are never moderated on the basis of "not modding drama" however what about room disruption? Some days it feels like anything goes including very explicit sexual language which used to be moderated but doesn't seem to be at all now. So many lobby regulars are talking about this at the moment and I think that in the current climate it does need addressing from a moral point of view if not a legal one. Certainly legislation is being considered to deal with online trolling and the responsibility will be very firmly on the site to manage it.

MrsBing

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Gingirl, I had similar happen to me a few weeks ago... a troll came into Lobby using my FULL name as his/her (guest) chat name and proceeded to abuse me, I didn't utter a word, instead I clicked report and explained what was going on. A while later after said troll had already been and gone, an admin decided to tell me in Cafe that i was "daft" and "stupid" and "thick" because somehow, my personal information is out there for that person to find and it was my own fault. This admin continued to type at me like I was an idiot, I couldn't believe it tbh. It's a bad day when an admin joins in and trolls you whilst you need their help the most.

JustLisa

Staff member
Reaction score
blocking does not work, i have had messages sent to me from people who have seen what certain individuals are saying about me even though i cannot see it as they are blocked. A 3 day ban does nothing but give 3 days respite from it. They just come back worse than before, on a personal level i could'nt give a rats arse what they type about me but they have now started mentioning my kids, how is a block or a 3 day ban meant to solve that?

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Drama fix.

Check.

Eggs , Bacon , Mushrooms , Sausages , Beans , Toast and Coffee.

Oh yeah.
Of course Ignoring and blocking works ?

Chatters have control of " What go on "

zzz zzz

Heidi_Hi

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Very narrow minded point of view. Doesn't affect you so doesn't matter. Never mind the others it may affect (and I don't mean me). Blocking someone does not stop you seeing everyone else's responses to what they are saying. It doesn't stop a full scale row with other trolls erupting (example - lobby at the moment, the daily Rudeboy show, sometimes several showings throughout the day). The onus should not be on every chatter in a room to block a troll, it should be on the moderator to stop that troll when available to do so.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
So common sense is being narrow minded now.

Explain to me how "Blocking and Ignoring" someone does not work ?

I mean ....... say it over to yourself.

Jeeeez.

o_O

W

Wren

Huh I'm on a stupid ban right now
For having an opinion
I was not abusive and if I was show me , oh so great mod u are!
Shame on you , slow eyes allow death wishes and trolling encouraged by lmfao,
We not 13 in some school yard
It's a total shame 99.9% of mods are amazing and do a good job
Just sad that 1% like to encourage trolling

Best be tweeting now before I get , a ban extention , pff

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Why bother, you aren't reading or trying to understand what anyone is saying.

Terrible typo there ,

What you actually mean is " I'm not agreeing with your opinion "

Go figure.

W

Wren

Huh I'm on a stupid ban right now
For having an opinion
I was not abusive and if I was show me , oh so great mod u are!
Shame on you , slow eyes allow death wishes and trolling encouraged by lmfao,
We not 13 in some school yard
It's a total shame 99.9% of mods are amazing and do a good job
Just sad that 1% like to encourage trolling

Best be tweeting now before I get , a ban extention , pff
Ty, (thank you) the lizard keep your death wish , I hope Ur toe nails for too

W

Wren

Has everyone lost the ability to use block?! If the rules of the site are broken, people are banned. But if the rules of the site aren’t broken you should use block and stop being so sensitive
Yea right! Brightly said , what opinion Jody , and the facts I gave you no abuse , I simply said I didn't want to read your explanation as to why you think death threats and ill taste of chat is acceptable, (stfu wren) kinda says your offer of explanation becomes void to me

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
Yea right! Brightly said , what opinion Jody , and the facts I gave you no abuse , I simply said I didn't want to read your explanation as to why you think death threats and ill taste of chat is acceptable, (stfu wren) kinda says your offer of explanation becomes void to me
This isnt a ban appeals thread. Stop trying to get my attention

W

Wren

This isnt a ban appeals thread. Stop trying to get my attention
Funny that Jody , as soon as I mention I was thinking about posting a forum for mod votes, who's the best , ey! Lol u ban me , figure it's u who craved the attention , I will not post a forum about you , get over it. Quote today, jump higher xx <3

W

Wren

Funny that Jody , as soon as I mention I was thinking about posting a forum for mod votes, who's the best , ey! Lol u ban me , figure it's u who craved the attention , I will not post a forum about you , get over it. Quote today, jump higher xx <3
Who's speaking anything about an appeal? I ain't bothered Jody , my opinion is the same. :)

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
it would be so easy to block these names and move on. Instead we have a drama induced forum post for people to complain on,
lol Jody that's the best line of this whole histrionic thread! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back