Guilty Pleasure

Tinsel

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
OK I'll admit it, The Sugar Babes are my guilty pleasure.
Hearing them, particularly that first album, takes me back to a time and place, evoking memories of hot sand, rolling ocean waves and teenage freedom.
They weren't my thing when I was a teen and still aren't, but I love hearing them now because of the nostalgic vibe their music stirs in me.
Go on, confess.. What's your guilty pleasure...

L

lucianthp

I saw Tim Minchin performing a (good) few years ago where he said his guilty pleasure was buying a bottle of wine, rather than donate the money to charity.... ok, I guess you had to be there but I laughed..

My guilty pleasure is probably the same as my weakness; decent fried chicken (and I don't mean kfc). Oh, and seal clubbing.

Tinsel

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I saw Tim Minchin performing a (good) few years ago where he said his guilty pleasure was buying a bottle of wine, rather than donate the money to charity.... ok, I guess you had to be there but I laughed..

My guilty pleasure is probably the same as my weakness; decent fried chicken (and I don't mean kfc). Oh, and seal clubbing.
You're so right to feel guilt ove the clubbing of seals!
Tim Minchin has to be one of the cleverest, well educated and informed, not to mention wickedly talented entertain ers of our time

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I wanna join in but the problem is Eminem is still going so i have not really stopped lol

1999 to infinity and Beyond =D

@ Stan.

Tinsel

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I wanna join in but the problem is Eminem is still going so i have not really stopped lol

1999 to infinity and Beyond =D

@ Stan.
Do ya think given the massive impact Eminem had and still has, there is any need to feel guilty?

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
Do ya think given the massive impact Eminem had and still has, there is any need to feel guilty?

That's actually a very good point :D

You are right i do not !!

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I guess my guilty pleasure is Craig David ,

Cracking voice and i still listen ;)

That better lady :D

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I was once watching some Porsche racing on You tube a few years back ,

The backing music was the Suga Babes ,

I can't for the life of me remember the track but it was really good.

I am now gonna spend some part of my life searching for this fcukin song and i won't get this time back.

You are to blame.

Wish me luck.

L

lucianthp

If we're talking musical guilty pleasure then I am ashamed to confess I've recently started listening to J-pop, and really quite enjoying it; pleasant paint-by-numbers melodies and lyrics I can't understand.

Poco - it wasn't 'freak like me' was it?.. the one where they famously used a gary numan hook (from 'our friends are electric') yet said they'd never heard the original song (which I believe)... My only reason for suggesting this was that one of his other well known songs was 'cars', a tenuous link, I know.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure but i will check it out , It is a very fast paced track i remember that and that it was catchy as hell.
I looked through a few before and couldn't find it ,

When i do or if that is it ..... i will post it on here :)

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
i just love reading newspapers over peoples shoulders on buses.
if they look around, i simply look the other way.

Tinsel

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
i just love reading newspapers over peoples shoulders on buses.
if they look around, i simply look the other way.
Firstly, I'm surprised to hear people are still reading newspapers! Over shoulders or not.
Secondly, wouldn't it more fun to just blatantly carry on reading when you get caught...

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I was once watching some Porsche racing on You tube a few years back ,

The backing music was the Suga Babes ,

I can't for the life of me remember the track but it was really good.

I am now gonna spend some part of my life searching for this fcukin song and i won't get this time back.

You are to blame.

Wish me luck.

WTF?... Suga Babes????...!!!:confused:o_O:mad:

Find another wing man....We are through.!:p

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Firstly, I'm surprised to hear people are still reading newspapers! Over shoulders or not.
Secondly, wouldn't it more fun to just blatantly carry on reading when you get caught...

I don't travel on public transport... but if I did...I would do a similar thing.

I like your thinking @Tinsel.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Look people say buses are bad here, but this really nice guy offered me a drink from his can of beer at 6am here yesterday.
Tinsel i worked out a few years ago reading a newspaper on a bus, is a good way to avoid eye contact with some of these great people.
Maybe i should start reading horoscopes from over people shoulders on the bus in a really loud voice?

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
WTF?... Suga Babes????...!!!:confused:o_O:mad:

Find another wing man....We are through.!:p

Excuse me !!

You will never find a more loyal Wingman than me ,

You .... you are still Dangerous ..... but you can be my wingman anytime ;)

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Excuse me !!

You will never find a more loyal Wingman than me ,

You .... you are still Dangerous ..... but you can be my wingman anytime ;)

Loyalty is earned not just given, so thank you for that. X ;) :)

The same back at ya Bro. ;) (Without the Sugar babes tho :p :D )...

I'm only dangerous when people poke me with a stick...:D

Last edited:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Look people say buses are bad here, but this really nice guy offered me a drink from his can of beer at 6am here yesterday.
Tinsel i worked out a few years ago reading a newspaper on a bus, is a good way to avoid eye contact with some of these great people.
Maybe i should start reading horoscopes from over people shoulders on the bus in a really loud voice?

You may find this strange...But when I was a kid, on the school bus, I always sat alone...And when anyone got on the bus, I used to give them the 'Death Stare' so they would avoid sitting next to me.!

Always worked. :D

I'm actually a really nice person.... :)...but I don't like forced encounters with people.Ha.. :cool::)

Tinsel

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
You may find this strange...But when I was a kid, on the school bus, I always sat alone...And when anyone got on the bus, I used to give them the 'Death Stare' so they would avoid sitting next to me.!

Always worked. :D

I'm actually a really nice person.... :)...but I don't like forced encounters with people.Ha.. :cool::)
Ha!
Why is people think I would want to interact with them during the duration of a commute. I don't want a strangers life story or tales of woe or even their triumphs.
If you can me on a bus or train or whatever, I am content to wallow in miserable silence thank you very much

Back