What are you reading?

Purplesunflower

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I’ll check it out . I’ve been wanting to read a Steven king novel but I've been to nervous, i know it’s going to be creepy lol

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Im reading dead on time by john mcvicar.
its about the jill dando murder.
I thought barry george was a harmless nutter, now im not so sure.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Im reading dead on time by john mcvicar.
its about the jill dando murder.

Oh i must try and come across that book. I've read McVicar's biography, his tunnel escape from prison was incredible. As for Jill Dando I've always thought Serbian sympathisers had her executed.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Its a great read lady, some of the things about jills life is a real eye opener.
Wont say too much, but well worth a read

I

iLaura

"The Northern Lights Lodge" - my New Year's resolution is to read 2020 books by next new year. I read a lot so may be achievable, probably not but I'll give it a go and see how many I get through lol

B

Bad_Influence

On audible a novel lasts about 9 hours. The only way you'd get through that many is by my previous suggestion.... The Spot series of books.

Just as an aside, Spot And The Blustery Day is my personal favourite. :D

I

iLaura

I prefer Spot goes to school ;) I've read 3 Harry Potters in a day before, I also read books with the kids at school, and to nephews/nieces so don't right me off just yet. If anything I'm interested to see how many I get through!

(Audible read wayyyy too slowy for me, it also takes a lot longer to listen to someone read, than it does to read yourself)

B

Bad_Influence

Spot Goes To School was too pretentious for me. He would NEVER have chosen Latin as his favourite subject. :D

Yes Audible reads slower but there are still only 24 hours in a day, and assuming you sleep at least a few hours I think 6 books a day, every day, is ambitious at best. lol

leo_Invictus

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Recently just finished reading a book called the 'Revolutionary Phenotype'

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I love reading. I have a Kindle thank goodness otherwise I would need a library to stock all the books I read. I am a very fast reader and usually finish a book in a couple of days, I spend £50-£90 per month on downloads. I like detective fiction best

Purplesunflower

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve just bought a Stephen king book called the shinning then after I’m going to read doctor sleep which is the second book.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I've just read The Wizard of Oz by L Frank Baum. A dark gothic fairytale compared to the happy-go-lucky film version. Our intrepid heroes are sent by the wizard not to steal the witch's broomstick but to kill her. Many adventures are had along the yellow brick road that aren't in the movie. Worth getting hold of a copy if only to read to the kids. I tried reading it to mine but they didn't go for it, not surprising really seeing as they're in their 20s. :rolleyes:

Purplesunflower

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
I’m definitely going to have to get that book! I love the dark side of fairy tales. My daughter (she’s 4) has learned the song “ring around the rosey” I tell her that’s about the pledge. Of course she doesn’t understand but I love looking up the actual origin of fairytales and the dark and twisted side of them inside of the boring happy go lucky.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I’m definitely going to have to get that book! I love the dark side of fairy tales. My daughter (she’s 4) has learned the song “ring around the rosey” I tell her that’s about the pledge. Of course she doesn’t understand but I love looking up the actual origin of fairytales and the dark and twisted side of them inside of the boring happy go lucky.
I bought the book on ebay (other shopping sites are available on the internet) :rolleyes: for a couple of quid to read to the grandkids. They were completely captivated by it so I can definitely recommend it for your child.

Back