Making UkChat better

Status
Not open for further replies.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
While ignoring is the right choice, there will always be those who allow the trolls to ruin a room. Sadly that’s just the way of chat rooms (I am as guilty as any for playing with trolls). We needs those trolls to be dealt with if we are to get rid. At the moment it’s too easy for mods to say “Use block” instead of dealing with the source they are told to deal with the aftermath. :(
There are also those who create trolls by trying hard to bait anyone they don`t like in "their" room.I think it`s about time this was looked into by admin as it seems that some of the mods are still ignoring some of the basic new rules ! thank you .

B

Bad_Influence

There are also those who create trolls by trying hard to bait anyone they don`t like in "their" room.I think it`s about time this was looked into by admin as it seems that some of the mods are still ignoring some of the basic new rules ! thank you .

Oh behave. you got ignored tonight and you got the hump... shut the feck up you silly little man

asaultnviniger

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I have made members only rooms, other than YAH. As soon as it goes members only, no one uses it.
very true, yah is dead as a doornail now, as for guests, easily done you don't like what they do or say use the block button

xxlavenderxx

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and jump in chat. I have joins on but if engrossed in a convo I don't spot everyone that joins or every hello.
People just need to join in and tab/ type the chatters name to make it more noticable.
Very few of us actually ignore but sometimes just don't notice

G

Greatscott

Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and jump in chat. I have joins on but if engrossed in a convo I don't spot everyone that joins or every hello.
People just need to join in and tab/ type the chatters name to make it more noticable.
Very few of us actually ignore but sometimes just don't notice
Very true lavs as sometimes if we aren't tabbed we dont go looking at every hello and some of us are in multiple rooms at the same time

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
The theory is very good.

Let's just hope the practice follows.
Not much chance of that ! I was banned until now .Came back for a short while and my name ( along with another`s) was being trolled by the very same small gang of people who shout the loudest for getting rid of trolls ! I`ll leave you to guess which room I`m talking about .

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Oh behave. you got ignored tonight and you got the hump... shut the feck up you silly little man
An example of a real troll !! Take note all who are in charge of trying to control the chatrooms.You have a super-ego Bad .I know it ,others know it ,pity you don`t . Couldn`t resist the little nasty name call""...you silly little man" could you ? You and your small band of merry men should re-read the NEW rules about trolls :- Specifically :_
  • Moderators will be given discretion to ban trolls. Trolling (repeatedly intentionally getting a rise out of others) is unfortunately a constant issue on UkChat. It is now officially against the rules.

Note it says "(repeatedly ,intentionally getting a rise out of others) . The simple fact is Bad that you NEVER ignored me last night ! You and your small clique began to goad me and another named person ( who wasn`t even in the chatroom). I ignored you though ( want the screenshots?). That room ,YAH ,definitely needs a cleanup in my opinion.

RogersDilemma

Conflicted by moral dilemma
Reaction score
Maybe as the policy is being reviewed the "banned" ISP's like SKY should now be unbanned as it is just a source of unnecessary rancour when a blanket ban is placed on everyone.

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
Yeah no.

Henry9999

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Adults should be able to control what they say and tune out what isn't pleasing to them. We shouldn't have to censor.
Yes that's true - but this is a fine judgement on where you draw the line. On your basis of "tuning out what is not pleasing to them" is very subjective. In my view direct swearing could easily be reduced and would raise the quality of the discussion.

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
Hence why the block feature is the tool for you.
Yes that's true - but this is a fine judgement on where you draw the line. On your basis of "tuning out what is not pleasing to them" is very subjective. In my view direct swearing could easily be reduced and would raise the quality of the discussion.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I have had a headache since 1999

theEmpress

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Most of the guests are very rude, possible married and looking for something else and not a decent chat.

B

Bad_Influence

An example of a real troll !! Take note all who are in charge of trying to control the chatrooms.You have a super-ego Bad .I know it ,others know it ,pity you don`t . Couldn`t resist the little nasty name call""...you silly little man" could you ? You and your small band of merry men should re-read the NEW rules about trolls :- Specifically :_
  • Moderators will be given discretion to ban trolls. Trolling (repeatedly intentionally getting a rise out of others) is unfortunately a constant issue on UkChat. It is now officially against the rules.

Note it says "(repeatedly ,intentionally getting a rise out of others) . The simple fact is Bad that you NEVER ignored me last night ! You and your small clique began to goad me and another named person ( who wasn`t even in the chatroom). I ignored you though ( want the screenshots?). That room ,YAH ,definitely needs a cleanup in my opinion.

Smile and be happy Hells. I date you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back