Panorama BBC 1 tonight

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
War crimes scandal exposed, an investigation of alleged war crimes committed by the British army in Iraq and Afghanistan. It should make for interesting viewing.

B

Bad_Influence

Not so much I believe. It could only be more biased if it was in conjunction with The Independent. :D

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
As has been pointed out somewhere else on this forum, The Dam Busters would now be regarded as war criminals because bombing a water supply has now been deemed to be a war crime so to be perfectly honest I'm a bit blasé over the concept of war crimes, but I shall watch the programme with an open mind.

B

badly

As has been pointed out somewhere else on this forum, The Dam Busters would now be regarded as war criminals because bombing a water supply has now been deemed to be a war crime so to be perfectly honest I'm a bit blasé over the concept of war crimes, but I shall watch the programme with an open mind.
That water supply supplied Germany's industrial heartland with the power for arms production,
Legit target.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
That water supply supplied Germany's industrial heartland with the power for arms production,
Legit target.
Yes, I agree, at the time it was a legitimate target and the raid was a great success. but these days the bombing of dams is now classed as a war crime under international law.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
To any fair minded person the killing of those 4 boys towards the end of the programme didn't enhance the reputation of Britain's special forces. What I can't fathom is why our soldiers were there in the first place. Why did we get involved in tribal disputes that have gone on for centuries? 400 British soldiers died in Afghanistan and 100? in Iraq, for what? They certainly weren't fighting for their country, they died for nothing, sent there on the whim of a politician. What a shocking waste of young lives.

G

Glasgowguy1964

As a former soldier who served in both Iraq wars it would have been more fitting if the bbc had maybe chased up Tony Blair on the illegal war he sent us to , under manned equiped etc Sure the politicians would also love to keep quiet that whist serving in Iraq soldiers actually lost money they def be no mention of that before . Oh and well done to those agreed the good Friday agreement to that’s it alright to admonish any terrorist activities including murder but left uk soldier fair game to any 1 who wishes to raise a grievence on any matter . Politicians start wars us poor fuckers have to deal with the consequences .

B

badly

Yes, I agree, at the time it was a legitimate target and the raid was a great success. but these days the bombing of dams is now classed as a war crime under international law.
Unlike the bombing of Dresden.There's a war crime.Targeting civilians.

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
What about bombing of london coventry ? by the germans

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
As a former soldier who served in both Iraq wars it would have been more fitting if the bbc had maybe chased up Tony Blair on the illegal war he sent us to , under manned equiped etc Sure the politicians would also love to keep quiet that whist serving in Iraq soldiers actually lost money they def be no mention of that before . Oh and well done to those agreed the good Friday agreement to that’s it alright to admonish any terrorist activities including murder but left uk soldier fair game to any 1 who wishes to raise a grievence on any matter . Politicians start wars us poor fuckers have to deal with the consequences .

I'm Ex Service too.(Royal Anglian Reg. 1986- 1995. (Now Norwich and Norfolk Reg.)

I was just a number with a job to do. I signed on the dotted line for Queen and country.

All wars are 'Illegal' if truth be known.

I was NEVER in doubt about that, i was given one of the crappest guns known to man...An Sa80..Gas operated assault rifle...(It's still in use TODAY!!).....That was MY 'License to kill'.

If it didn't jam on you.!

Still...It was a killing weapon..Given to ME by the British Army.

I couldn't kill a Pigeon with it at close range let alone distance.

Politician's and the Royal Family.

Pah...

Have you had any dealings with the Royal British Legion?...Bunch of half wit EX Majors and Old OLD Drill sergeant's who still think they have some power over Ex Privates.?

Welcome to the club.!

Back