do you believe in God

do you believe in God

• Total voters

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Good points Viggy.
I'm a believer in simple evolution, given enough chimps and typewriters one could re-write the complete works of Shakespeare.
How we got to chimps and typewriters is a whole other conversation about the possibilities of an infinate universe lol

Seriously though, what people tend to forget now that Western religion seems to be fading is the divinity of the individual.
By divinity I mean that which we cannot explain, the agnostic view not the atheistic, the spark that makes humans so different.
We have forgotten that we are such a rare and fragile thing, that those who have corrupted the ideals of individual divinity for personal gain now rule us.
We have forgotten that each and every one of us needs to not get caught up in our own self importance or needs.
As JFK said, "But wherever we are, we must all, in our daily lives, live up to the age-old faith that peace and freedom walk together."

B

Bad_Influence

Maybe when you look at the way the whole world works, nature, life, reproduction, death, every nuance of Earth, it always strikes me that it takes a great deal more faith to not believe that God created our universe than to believe in God. I know many scientists and nearly all of them actually believe very much in God. Many actyually believe that when life went from single cell to complex multi-cell reproduction was the time when God put his head above the parapet, so to speak. Just to look at a single cell and see that it knows how to join together with other cells to produce a heart, arm, leg, part of the body waste system etc is mind boggling. And you really think this all developed by chance? What faith you have in randomness.

while you make some good points you seem to ignore the fact that there remains no solid proof of the existence of a god. As you say, he put his head above the parapet to make single cells evolve into complex structures but why has he kept himself hidden since? If he were around wouldn’t he do something about the way we have screwed up this wonderful world of ours? After all he allegedly sent plagues and swarms before so why does he choose to let us feck things up now? He’s had thousands of years to show his face, to answer the oldest question in the world but apparently he’s given up on us. That doesn’t sound like a benevolent god to me.

I

inabsentia

Maybe when you look at the way the whole world works, nature, life, reproduction, death, every nuance of Earth, it always strikes me that it takes a great deal more faith to not believe that God created our universe than to believe in God. I know many scientists and nearly all of them actually believe very much in God. Many actyually believe that when life went from single cell to complex multi-cell reproduction was the time when God put his head above the parapet, so to speak. Just to look at a single cell and see that it knows how to join together with other cells to produce a heart, arm, leg, part of the body waste system etc is mind boggling. And you really think this all developed by chance? What faith you have in randomness.

What is god? Where did god come from? What came before the god that created the god and the thing that created the thing that created the god? What created the thing that created another thing that created the thing that created god? I could go on forever to infinity. To no avail. Immanuel Kant said human intellect is limited. We simply CANNOT know.

B

Bad_Influence

You are definitely NOT sure. You may THINK and believe it but you cannot be certain !!
I'm certain you are gay so i choose the text color shiitt for u :D

That's a highly mature and intellectual response. Are you 12?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
i can see ur lebanon arse too , who cares ya koss omak ! lmfao

It's a shame that you ever came out of "ya koss omak"....!

Nice try... but your words of hate mean nothing to me, apart from mild entertainment.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
is tht why u keep bla bla ? shhh :confused: lol @ altair , ataiaro yad ya khawal

And YOU...An Egyptian..!

Bringing shame on YOUR Pharoah ancestors..!

You should use your blood in a better way.

hakan

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
god creates man,man destroys god.
man creates AI ,AI destroys man.

Mr_Rendering

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
There are many thousands of documented gods and associated religions throughout history. They can't all be right, but they can all be wrong.
That's like saying: there's 1.000 different words for water, therefore water doesn't exist lol

Mr_Rendering

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I believe in common Sense ,
I have yet to find any Religion that can boast that their beliefs are backed by facts and any shred of common sense what so ever.

If you think about it ,
there is not a bigger scam in the history of making records about this kind of stuff.

Amen....

Believing in God and a moral order is completely rational. You can not create something(an orderly universe)from nothing. Common sense and scientific fact.

You're brainwashed into rejecting religion by those with money and power. They want you docile, subservient, living in a moral vacuum without any fixed identity or faith, only money rules. Then they(the rich) become your God. They can invent a tax raising religion like the climate emergency, even invent a prophet of doom like Greta Thunberg. You suck it up because you are without guidance. You are lost and rejecting the one truth to save you from being a bad "fucksplatt"
God bless.

B

Bad_Influence

There is no rationality in believing in any religion. There is no infallible evidence to prove the existence of any 'higher power' or creator. Religion was a human invention to control the masses by feeding on their need to blame someone else for their own failings and/or shortcomings. It causes division in society and has been the excuse for genocide throughout history.
As has been said, if there was a benevolent god would he sit back and allow us to completely screw up this once beautiful world? Why would he not solve all the religious argument by showing his face... that single gesture would go a long way to uniting the world far more than his absence.

Reaction score
Comes down to choice, we choose to believe in God or not, we choose to inflict pain on others or to help them. We choose to follow others and their beliefs, we choose to put our own needs before others or not. If there were a God he left us to our own devices, to make our own choices, rather than enslave us and force us into worshipping him. We have a choice in how we deal with things, if it were proven theres a God then things would be worse than they are now. If it were proven there is a God then no way would we accept responsibilty for our own actions, we'd just blame God and expect him to put things right. Its up to us how we deal with the responibilities placed upon us, nothing else, thats how we evolve.

Mr_Rendering

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
There is no rationality in believing in any religion. There is no infallible evidence to prove the existence of any 'higher power' or creator. Religion was a human invention to control the masses by feeding on their need to blame someone else for their own failings and/or shortcomings. It causes division in society and has been the excuse for genocide throughout history.
As has been said, if there was a benevolent god would he sit back and allow us to completely screw up this once beautiful world? Why would he not solve all the religious argument by showing his face... that single gesture would go a long way to uniting the world far more than his absence.

Religion is completely rational. It provides order and tranquillity. The universe was created, in meta physics you can not create something from nothing.
Why would a God interfere with certain events on earth just because you dislike them?

B

Bad_Influence

Religion is completely rational. It provides order and tranquillity. The universe was created, in meta physics you can not create something from nothing.
Why would a God interfere with certain events on earth just because you dislike them?

Order??? Peace and tranquillity? Have you seen the world? Really.

Give me EVIDENCE of a god... just one? Proof would be so nice.

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
YES I believe ! nuff said !:cool: oh and i believe in His Son Jesus ! and as far as that goes i believe in the Holy Spirit !!
I will save my thoughts on your attitude for a later date when i feel like typing more :)

Mr_Rendering

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Order??? Peace and tranquillity? Have you seen the world? Really.

Give me EVIDENCE of a god... just one? Proof would be so nice.
I keep giving you evidence of God, you can not create something from nothing. Something must have created our universe.

Religion has brought peace and tranquillity, the most murderous ideology of all was/is Communism which murdered 100 million people. Communism was atheistic.

sarad

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
no i do not believe it that there is any damn god or father at all. but i factually know that there is God or Krishna and it is my real mother or authority ( OR Srila Prabhupada ) who has seen him before my birth and knows it that who has tilled her.

so why waste time on such childish questions ? that there is any father or god ( OR Krishna ) before my birth ? there is father or Krishna and if you will know all fathers, fathers, fathers, father's names than you will find that we are all brothers and sisters and Krishna is the first person who gave our mother nature first pushes.

for alone mother nature cannot do anything at all. and it is Krishna who has tilled her.

but if there is any missing link than its damn from your sides, and listen everyone has to weather to random whores ( with very big vaginas { like our so called scientists or politicians who are funding such scientists to brainwash the masses }) or weather real mother ( or authority OR Srila Prabhupada ) but free no one can remain.

for side everyone has to take. weather of real mother or of random whores. but free you cannot remain and even if you are offered freedom you will ( willingly ) become subordinate to someone or something. ( and it is damn fact and cannot be denied in the first place )

Back