English customers..

Reaction score
To whom is your comment directed and in which context? Please elaborate

As for these SHEEPLE you speak of........... Pass the mint sauce

#IndependentThinker

Directed at whoever thinks society is more concerned about fashion than genuine realworld problems. Too much depends on media. And context, on this planet we're taught we're all equal, yet those same people that declare we must all be treated as equal refuse to treat some of us as equal. We're told what to think. I can think of stuff that I think people should be enraged about, maybe if I gain the attention of some celebrity who agrees with me then then others might agree that something should be done about these enraging things? Until that happens, what are the chances these enraging things will be ignored?

B

Bad_Influence

Directed at whoever thinks society is more concerned about fashion than genuine realworld problems. Too much depends on media. And context, on this planet we're taught we're all equal, yet those same people that declare we must all be treated as equal refuse to treat some of us as equal. We're told what to think. I can think of stuff that I think people should be enraged about, maybe if I gain the attention of some celebrity who agrees with me then then others might agree that something should be done about these enraging things? Until that happens, what are the chances these enraging things will be ignored?

Sadly it seems that people are too easily influenced by the media and 'celebrity' (I aim that mainly at the younger generation). You say we are taught that we're all equal... I would argue that we are told by the media that is how we SHOULD think... even if it is untrue. There has always been class/religious/cultural differences and there always will be, nothing can change that.

We are told we MUST be tolerant of ALL others, we MUST accept people for who/what they are, even if we find their beliefs abhorrent. We are vilified for having opinions that differ from the new 'normal', we are labelled as EXTREME if we don't agree with the appeasers.

The thing with tolerance is this... when people realise that it is the most intolerant who scream for tolerance, when they see their acceptance has been abused to the point of censorship, there will eventually be a sea-change... inaction will become action. It is inevitable.

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Sadly it seems that people are too easily influenced by the media and 'celebrity' (I aim that mainly at the younger generation). You say we are taught that we're all equal... I would argue that we are told by the media that is how we SHOULD think... even if it is untrue. There has always been class/religious/cultural differences and there always will be, nothing can change that.

We are told we MUST be tolerant of ALL others, we MUST accept people for who/what they are, even if we find their beliefs abhorrent. We are vilified for having opinions that differ from the new 'normal', we are labelled as EXTREME if we don't agree with the appeasers.

The thing with tolerance is this... when people realise that it is the most intolerant who scream for tolerance, when they see their acceptance has been abused to the point of censorship, there will eventually be a sea-change... inaction will become action. It is inevitable.
It's a sad fact that the vociferous few have joined forces and become the " Voice of the Nation ". The term Power Crazed springs to mind.

I say no more tail wagging the dog.

#UpTheRevolution

Voice of The Nation??
I blame Will I Am, personally:p:p

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Needy is the correct word.
This isn't an issue with English people just because they are English.
But so many UK customers I have dealt with can put on the waterworks and no sooner are they getting what they want they are in such a happy mood as if nothing happened. Not every customer is like this but a very large majority. It's shocking the sense of entitlement that people have. I have dealt with the Irish and German market and having that experience I can tell you that UK customers are the worst for jumping the gun shouting at you before you can respond and overall feeling that they are right now matter what. It is the most peculiar mentality I've experienced amongst people.
Obviously there are amazing people I deal with but they are not as abundant.
So the issue is with UK customers? The British? Whom? Because the post started about the English. Is this someone else who thinks UK = England?

J

jenny

That said, I agree we, as a nation, have all too easily fallen into the "where there's blame, there's a claim" culture. This is a sad state of affairs and one I detest. I remember times when we accepted mistakes happen and if effort was made to rectify the mistakes, we didn't think we should be recompensed for our faux offence.
Where there's a claim culture it is allowing people with no morals to exploit the system this affects all of us with higher insurance payments grrr! I'm not saying we don't need to complain , we do because companies also exploit ... It's a minefield out there ... god help the vulnerable and the elderly !!

Back