Newcomer not impressed!

M

moondreama

Well, hi everyone but I have to say that my first impressions are not that brilliant!

I just joined, partly because I liked the way I was able to glance over the chat threads before deciding whether the site looked promising. Also, the whole layout seems nice and simple, clear and easy to navigate.

But I am slightly put off by the very first thread I happened to click on - "Strange American needs help". Quite a decent, polite enquiry from a foreigner which received a very rude and inappropriate reply. That is followed by a protracted and to my mind pointless dogfight between different members - do they not have anything more important to do?

I think that a moderator should have stepped in here, this thread really doesn't show up the (surely) decent and courteous nature of most people ..

A

azzbo

I seen that thread also, was a sh** show. Don't let one crappy thread put you off the site, we've loads of really cool members and a nice active chatroom.

Welcome to the forum moondreama, hope you stick around

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Well, hi everyone but I have to say that my first impressions are not that brilliant!

I just joined, partly because I liked the way I was able to glance over the chat threads before deciding whether the site looked promising. Also, the whole layout seems nice and simple, clear and easy to navigate.

But I am slightly put off by the very first thread I happened to click on - "Strange American needs help". Quite a decent, polite enquiry from a foreigner which received a very rude and inappropriate reply. That is followed by a protracted and to my mind pointless dogfight between different members - do they not have anything more important to do?

I think that a moderator should have stepped in here, this thread really doesn't show up the (surely) decent and courteous nature of most people ..

That the norm on here , never seen a mod step unless there cause too.
Have you tried the chat rooms they much more fun
All i can say is enjoy

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
If this turns into bashing the mods I'm going to delete it.

M

moondreama

I can't see that anybody is doing any bashing. I made what I thought was a fair and reasonably polite comment on a thread which seemed to me a bit pointless.

I hope and assume that normally the attitude to new posters is more welcoming.

B

Bad_Influence

It's a social media site... what exactly did you expect? Pink fluffy elephants, everyone saying 'please' and 'thank you', and all the rules set down to please the meek snowflakes who think any confrontation should be outlawed? Over-moderation can be seen a censorship, if they step in on things like that thread where does it end.... do they step in when a newbie disses the way the site is run having read only one thread?

It's quite simple really, we have a choice.... like it or don't, stay or leave.

B

Bad_Influence

[QUOTE="moondreama, post: 28170, member: 19328"

I hope and assume that normally the attitude to new posters is more welcoming.[/QUOTE]

I think you chose your name well.

M

moondreama

I like a good argument, what's wrong with that, and I contribute to other forums where there is nevertheless courtesy and it's all pretty enjoyable.

But your use of the word "confrontation" is interesting. Why does there need to be that? I am a little surprised at the level of aggression which has emerged over quite a simple comment made by myself and find it a bit disappointing.

Maybe time will disprove any misgivings of mine about some posters.

B

Bad_Influence

I like a good argument, what's wrong with that, and I contribute to other forums where there is nevertheless courtesy and it's all pretty enjoyable.

But your use of the word "confrontation" is interesting. Why does there need to be that? I am a little surprised at the level of aggression which has emerged over quite a simple comment made by myself and find it a bit disappointing.

Maybe time will disprove any misgivings of mine about some posters.

You used "dogfight", I used "confrontation"...Why is my use so interesting?
And if you deem these comments to be aggressive then I recommend you stay out of The Lobby, and be very careful which Forum you read... I would hate to think you had your feelings hurt.

NightOwl65

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
It's a social media site... what exactly did you expect? Pink fluffy elephants, everyone saying 'please' and 'thank you', and all the rules set down to please the meek snowflakes who think any confrontation should be outlawed? Over-moderation can be seen a censorship, if they step in on things like that thread where does it end.... do they step in when a newbie disses the way the site is run having read only one thread?

Personally I like to listen "The Osmonds. One Bad Apple" before making any snap judgement.. I can highly recommend it as it works for me :p

#BringBackDonny :cool:

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score

You could have had a Pop at ME there.....But you didn't..!

Cheers.

G

Greatscott

you state that you are not impressed, firstly have you given the site a good chance or just jumped on the band wagon to get some attention because if you gave the whole site a chance i'm sure you would come to a different conclussion, so if you think before you slate in future might be a good idea :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

# don't judge a book by it's cover

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
troll.

Shak

Staff member
Reaction score

I thought the people on the thread were trying to recreate a British soap, to help him!

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score
I seen that thread also, was a sh** show. Don't let one crappy thread put you off the site, we've loads of really cool members and a nice active chatroom.

Welcome to the forum moondreama, hope you stick around

And so say all of us !!

Recognised ;)

J

jenny

Agreed new here, although was a former member ... Everything looks promising, you can't please everyone I guess it's a case of tolerance and accepting that everyone is different but can also be worth listening to....People express opinions in challenging ways ...get over it !

Back