When did CCTV become widespread in the UK? Effective?

amybrenna

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Just finished watching Happy Valley on Netflix, before which I had no idea how pervasive cctv is in the UK.
I currently reside in St. Louis, MO, which is routinely considered the most dangerous city in the US, and I'm wondering if CCTV is something we should look into.
Thoughts? Thanks :)

B

Bad_Influence

Personally, I think if you have nothing to hide, then CCTV will never even be a part of your life. My only concern is that when it needed/used by the police, they seem to pick and choose which images are clear enough to be used as evidence.
If you are a law abiding citizen you've nothing to worry about. It's the ability of technology allowing others to use cameras on our smart phones/webcams that is far more intrusive but I think (HOPE) that is less widespread than I fear.

W

Wren

Personally, I think if you have nothing to hide, then CCTV will never even be a part of your life. My only concern is that when it needed/used by the police, they seem to pick and choose which images are clear enough to be used as evidence.
If you are a law abiding citizen you've nothing to worry about. It's the ability of technology allowing others to use cameras on our smart phones/webcams that is far more intrusive but I think (HOPE) that is less widespread than I fear.

Opened my post today, got my very first driving fine :oops: watch footage online, 3photos!
Was thinking at the time , umm bus lane?!

CCTV, um, :confused:

B

Bad_Influence

Opened my post today, got my very first driving fine :oops: watch footage online, 3photos!
Was thinking at the time , umm bus lane?!

CCTV, um, :confused:
You CRIMINAL... No defence.... throw the key away lol:p:p:p:p

W

Wren

You CRIMINAL... No defence.... throw the key away lol:p:p:p:p
Could not believe my eyes, :eek:
Was huh...£60! What! A joke! Is that not robbery?
No was real.
Then I read on it says a discount price of £30, what is this!
No harm was come of it, and its a stretch of road that's about idk, 100 yards long,
This same place was on central news a while back , some guy rejected the fine and won, maybe I'm going to reject it too

B

Bad_Influence

No was real.
No harm was come of it, and its a stretch of road that's about idk, 100 yards long,
This same place was on central news a while back , some guy rejected the fine and won, maybe I'm going to reject it too

It's worth fighting if you think you've got any chance... they do try it on sometimes. But if you're not a bus... and I assume you're not, I would take the £30 hit and buy a conductors hat for next time. :D:D:):)

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
*sprinking troll dust*

always, they try the UK is terrible for something or another trollage

alt-right trolls, the scourge of the internet

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
No was real.

Driving in a Bus Lane...Hmm...You weren't paying attention and didn't see the signs.

This isn't the First time you weren't paying attention or seen the signs though is it...:p

You deserve all you get. :D

W

Wren

Driving in a Bus Lane...Hmm...You weren't paying attention and didn't see the signs.

This isn't the First time you weren't paying attention or seen the signs though is it...:p

You deserve all you get. :D

I did have music kinda loud, but I always pay attention, its a crabby spot , just outside the city hospital, and yea its painted on the road, I'm going to take the hit, pay the fee,(£30) and of course, never make that mistake again. :cool:

I think its a bloody rip off tho, and in one of my photos u can see the car behind me is about to make the same mistake, :eek: am sure city council sit rubbing their hands together like who's it from oliver, fagin.
I've been saying over the last year, I don't want a ticket from no scruffy city I've drove through, but socks law its my own city, :oops:
Notts is not scruffy, its too busy fleecing peopleo_O

Fine will be paid tho. :p

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
Chi town gangsta here (Chicago) and honestly the only thing they get me on are tickets, which is annoying but if you aren't out breaking the law, you get used to CCTV

Back