Can you ever go home again?

HomeAgain

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
I moved to America, originally planning to live, travel & experience for a couple of years...That was about 20 years ago! I’ve recently moved back home to be near family. As much as I love “being home” it doesn’t feel quite as ‘homely’ as I expected. Maybe it’s just reverse homesickness?

Anyway, I’m just feeling a little bored & lonely today so I started clicking around online & found this site....

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Hello,
I moved to America, originally planning to live, travel & experience for a couple of years...That was about 20 years ago! I’ve recently moved back home to be near family. As much as I love “being home” it doesn’t feel quite as ‘homely’ as I expected. Maybe it’s just reverse homesickness?

Anyway, I’m just feeling a little bored & lonely today so I started clicking around online & found this site....

Moving away and then moving back after such a long time will never be easy.!

A lot depends on what you 'Expected' when you returned 'Home', i guess.

Folks change, time moves on....so on and so forth. You can't expect to find what you left 20 years ago to still be there when you return.;)

Good luck though.:)

R

RoyaLeathering

I went to live in the U.S. to be with my (then) American girlfriend and came back. I don't think I'll ever leave this beautiful nation again.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Hello,

hello think takes time to settle back in when u been away . took my daughter 4 years but grandson says now he love to go back to ireland but when there says wanna come to uk. we cant win.. Hope you settle soon.

Back