Something you miss that you were brought up with.

Dantheman

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
agree with cagsgirl, i have manners, but most ppl in chat and real life only care about themselves

U_N_Owen

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
An outside toilet (showing my age here) Sitting there going about your business or just contemplating life, fresh air flowing in from underneath the door. Indoor lavatories are so unhygienic. The Romans had the right idea - communal outside bogs.

franden

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Some of my old RSMs jibes.
"Do you use a mirror when you shave?" "Yes Sir" "Well try a razor next time, it,s sharper"
"You and me could easily be mistaken for twins but for one thing" "What,s that Sir?" "I,ve had a haircut"
"Oh! I,m sorry Sergeant Major, am I sat in your chair?" "No sir, I usually stand on the table to write"
"Have you ever seen the Mongolian changing of the guard?" "No sir" "Then go down to the barbers tent, sit in a chair and look in the mirror"
Ah! Those were the days.

U_N_Owen

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Bus conductors and being allowed to smoke on the top deck..........dialing telephones and having to remember people's numbers.........always knowing what was number 1 in the charts......having fresh milk delivered to your door every morning...........ring pull Coke cans..............going for a Wimpy after college with your mates before Burger King took them over...................

franden

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Being able to leave your car and back door unlocked all night.
Being call Mister by children and not by your Christian name. The list is endless

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Only having 3 channel's on the tv.! BBC1 BBC2 and ITV. At lest what was on TV back then was actually worth watching.

One great programme i miss is 'Whickers world'. Fantastic show and Alan had a great voice and personality to host that show.

W

Wren

Been thinking about this , and I've decided
My close one and brother, his best friends, were the brothers of my best friend, we hung out all day , never really went home,
I think to miss anything its , youth , fun, silly adventures through fields, building dens
Playing on building sites
Taking air filled inner-tubes from trucks for using in the most fun ways possible
The only thing I miss, is freedom to not care,
Time u can't get back , oh and aging siblings ,
We should all be able to pause our lives where we are at our happiest,
:) if only,
Object, I did have this blanket from toddler to 16, felt bad about letting that fellow go, (was yellow so called it fellow) lol, popped it in a box and sent it off with a note saying take care old friend!
:D

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Not saying I miss it per se, but whatever happened to white dog s***?
Well yes! We had lots of dogs, living on a farm and dogpoo was ALWAYS white! Was it because it was absolutely ancient and drained and dried? Or did all dogs back in the day have Hepatitis A?! But yes - you don't see it nowadays.

Then, the other day, going for a spin in the forest, I SAW ONE IN SOME BUSHES! A lone, undisturbed, perfectly-formed one-piece turd. In white. THEY LIVE!

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I miss long summers of always being sunburnt and stripy (tut - neglect!) when it always seemed sunny - and spotted legs from running through cut and dried hayfields. And summers which always seemed rainy and we would spend sleepy days indoors playing board games and eating ice cream.
I remember biking or riding a horse for maybe 3 miles before I'd have to tuck into the hedge for an oncoming car.
I remember picking a horse at random and daring someone / being dared to sneak up and leapfrog onto it and clinging on for dear life for as long as possible.
Scabby knees. Always scabby knees.
Roller boots and racing down the MASSIVE hill on the primary school yard. I've been back. it's short and barely a hill at all...
'Be back before dark, girls!' and Dad not even looking up as we all left on bikes at something like 10am with a sarnie and cordial bottle of drink and we WOULD be out until dark, too - maybe 9.30pm! NO danger. (We were dead 'ard).
NO arguments at school. NO Snapchat; NO Facebook; NO instagram. Nobody really saying anything snide or hurtful.
Primary school teachers who loved us.
Making bogroll-innard Santas with cotton-wool beards.
Playing 'Blocky' and running as if our lives depended on it. Being ABLE to leg it like that!
Grandparents.
Copping off.
Discos.
Driving cars in fields after sheep when only just grown enough to reach the pedals.
Old, dead pets (not dead then, of course!).
Everything. I miss it all. Damn this thread.

B

Bad_Influence

Only two things I miss:-
1 My sanity
2 My dignity
(Maybe 3.... Sharing a tent with Ros Bentley in my mates back garden. I say 'maybe' because she might have biodegraded as much as I have by now)

S

Sweetscott

I miss the times when the youth respected their elders not saying all but their are some

B

BryanLuc

An outside toilet (showing my age here) Sitting there going about your business or just contemplating life, fresh air flowing in from underneath the door. Indoor lavatories are so unhygienic. The Romans had the right idea - communal outside bogs.

Along with Izal greaseproof toilet paper or torn up newspapers threaded onto a piece of string

B

BryanLuc

I miss suet puddings to fill our empty stomachs. Steak and kidney, spotted dick, and treacle

Back