Should men dye their hair and have botox?

MatUre

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Women dye their hair and have botox injections.
Is it wrong for men to do the same.

yaris

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Well, if you like the Cliff Richard or Paul McCartney "Aubergine Hue", which is the colour of their hair and they do dye it, then yes, why not...whatever pedals your bicycle....

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I don't think they 'should'. There doesn't need to be a rule. I am amused by the 'aubergine hue' thing above, however! I think lots of men who do dye their hair to disguise the white or grey tend to go a shade too dark so that clashes with their changed skin pigment and results in a very ageing and draining look. Perhaps they are less cosmetically aware than women and that's why they can be a bit clumsy? Mind you, those women with the square or slug-shaped eyebrows seem similarly unaware... My dentalist is trying to get a wrinkle I have betwixt my eyebrows filled and it seems a reasonable suggestion (though I doubt I will have it done). I don't see anything wrong with a man wanting to fight the Reaper and cheat a few years away similarly to how women seem to be able to more freely.

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I have had grey hairs since about 13 - its more grey than brown when its buzzed off at the barbers. Never been fussed or considered hair dye.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Actually, London just reminded me... I had a pupil in YEAR 7 once who was totally grey!

TheThinker

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I don't think its wrong,, I personally wouldn't but I don't care who does, also when hair is departing the skull there is no pain,, so deal with it ;-)

Ticklish

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Why anyone would want botox injected in them is a mystery to me. Also I sometimes have trouble recognising faces so the more different hair colours there are out there, the easier it is for me.

Paperloveheart

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Only fools get botox injections and as for dying hair well yes I dye mine but my man doesn't have to dye his YET and that just irks me somewhat.

MatUre

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Supposing someone has deep wrinkles and they look 20 years older than they are? This can affect relationships.
I know of people under 35 who look much younger as a result of botox.
Why only women? Some men go grey in their 20s and get wrinkles so why can't they compete on a level playing field with all the botox'd, hair dyed women smothered in makeup?
I can think of quite a few people who would benefit from botox, male and female.

MatUre

UKChat Newbie
Reaction score
Mick Jagger's laughter lines could do with some botox. But then nothing's that funny.

O

Omega

Not keen on men with dyed hair, unless they get highlights on non coloured hair, then it's acceptable.

As for men colouring the whole head when they go grey ... no thanks.

When hair turns white, it means it loses it's pigment, so when it's dyed it will look very dull, especially if one goes darker than Dark Blonde... but even with dark blonde, if there aren't any highlights added , it will look dull.

As for botox - it's a no/no for men, but also a no/no for women as far as Im concerned.
Who wants the bloated look?
Not me thanks..

Besides that, let's consider the health factor.

Do people actually realise what they are being injected and the risks involved?

If you decide you want to get rid of wrinkles , hyaluronic is a much safer option - it will last less, but at least it's natural (as in our body already produces that substance, as opposed to botox).

The only risk with hyaluronic acid is that while you're getting the shots, your system stops producing it naturally, so if you decide to stop getting the shots, you'll notice your skin will appear more saggy than before you first started getting the shots.

This happens over time, not just after a few shots .

Hair dye is also toxic - maybe people should start thinking what the skin on their heads (beneath the hair) ) is actually absorbing and what effect that will have on their body.

Last edited by a moderator:

casiquaire

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
at 45 i wont be dying any the small bit of white in my beard however, i am interested in a false tan, not sure on what colour though, im spoilt for choice
1632129053648.png

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I would think that it`s the women who decide if they want their man to go grey/white /silver so make sure you get a good job done if you do !.I can`t imagine a man with Red hair but wtf ? if it`s what they want. I bet it`s the same people who shout " I don`t want to be dictated to with Vaccine " who shout " men shouldn`t be allowed to dye their hair " :).
Life is short ,make the most of it .

O

Omega

I would think that it`s the women who decide if they want their man to go grey/white /silver so make sure you get a good job done if you do !.I can`t imagine a man with Red hair but wtf ? if it`s what they want. I bet it`s the same people who shout " I don`t want to be dictated to with Vaccine " who shout " men shouldn`t be allowed to dye their hair " :).
Life is short ,make the most of it .
I'd wouldn't dream of dictating anyone - Just giving an opinion - The thread title was after all "Should men dye thier hair or have botox".

If they want to dye their hair it's obviously their own choice :)

Men apparently have more iron in their hair than women. This also seems to influence how hair colour is absorbed and why certain hair colours seem to look harsher on men than on women, besides the lack of pigmentation if grey/white.

JennyFleck

Inconsistently Consistent
Reaction score
They can do whatever the **** they like. I mean, maybe it's about time they upped their game because most men look plain and ridiculous. Lolz

Back