Guests in YAH

Should guests be allowed back into YAH?

• No..YAH must remain special

• Yes.. The room needs new blood

• omg not another poll kill me now

Results are only viewable after voting.
J

JustinCredible

YAH used to be one woman's personal fiefdom and during her tenure as head honcho the decision was taken to ban guests. Some say the room still is a fiefdom but with a different woman ruling over it..I would disagree with that sentiment because democracy was brought to the room with the recent swearing vote.
The room is however turning into a very cliquey..select group of chatters. At times just a few chat amongst themselves making it hard for others to join in.
For any group to survive it needs a constant influx of new people.. for this reason It might be that guests should be allowed back into the room

This is an unofficial..not to taken serious..just for a laugh poll so please don't get your knickers in a twist over it..talking about the men here. :rolleyes:

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
When you click on the room list, YAH shows as all welcome. Well that is a lie, if guests are not allowed then all are not welcome are they!

As for all users registered, why? Cos only guests abuse others?? Only guests are pervy obnoxious numpties?? Nope! And I include both male and female users!

Certain registered users are also abusive too and when you complain you get told to block them.

Seems a bit of a free for all at the moment.

J

JustinCredible

I got accused of saying that I find children sexually attractive by a registered user. I complained to a mod, in room, in PM and via a private message, mod in room said to block. Mod that I PMed eventually replied, hours later, with a ban message for being xenophobic! When i questioned the xenophobia, mod replied...peado chat! So not only do mods do jack, they don't even know what simple words mean.

Offensive numpty that made the accusation said that he apologised.........well an 'apology' followed by 'LOL' does NOT constitute any kind of apology.

Oh and as for the private message? As yet not so much as an acknowledgement never mind anything done.

Oh and a further OH, said numpty was back in room the following day, so there was no ban!
Some have clearly not been up to the job but I've found most mods to be fair. I take your point about the 'block' feature. In itself the block is a handy thing when you simply don't care for what a chatter is typing but if you are being labelled a paedophile the block is clearly insufficient..to some your silence may only confirm what the offender is typing and you can't rely solely on the mod taking action on your behalf as they may be afk so you need to see what they are saying so you can report it. If after reporting it nothing gets done I'd take it to Admin.

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
You sent me criticism about mods and that some dude was talking sh**, and I could take care of that with screenshots. For future reference, if something happens when I am not in, I will require screenshots, and if you can skip the criticism of the mods and just get to the nitty gritty, that'd be great.

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
I could if I was in right now. I prefer to save time, I'll get to it eventually.

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
Yours won't get answered

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Should we give trial users full membership benefits? That's what guest status is for in my view. a "try before you buy" trial period, where some features are unlocked until you sign up. And if they've enjoy the trial period, and want to become a full member, what is stopping them from taking five minutes to sign up and become a full member.

Bumble_Bee

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I have no issues with guest users being allowed in the room. Guests, just like registered chatters, can be nice and can be nasty. Registering has no bearing on the type of chat a person will engage in.

With the block guest PM option available to us we can be selective on who we choose to receive private messages from, personally I exclude Guests from PMs as this is what seems to invite the majority of unwanted attention.

We could be missing out on some nice new chatters by excluding them from the room, and we are not giving potential site users the full chat experience by limiting the rooms they can "try" before registering.

One point of note though Justin, and not a pop - just an observation, try not to put words into peoples mouths with the comments on your vote buttons eh ... folk will have opinions and reasons that differ to your own. I didn't vote yes because i believe we "need" new blood nor do I believe the room "must" remain special. I almost didn't vote because of these comments. :rolleyes:

J

JustinCredible

I have no issues with guest users being allowed in the room. Guests, just like registered chatters, can be nice and can be nasty. Registering has no bearing on the type of chat a person will engage in.

With the block guest PM option available to us we can be selective on who we choose to receive private messages from, personally I exclude Guests from PMs as this is what seems to invite the majority of unwanted attention.

We could be missing out on some nice new chatters by excluding them from the room, and we are not giving potential site users the full chat experience by limiting the rooms they can "try" before registering.

One point of note though Justin, and not a pop - just an observation, try not to put words into peoples mouths with the comments on your vote buttons eh ... folk will have opinions and reasons that differ to your own. I didn't vote yes because i believe we "need" new blood nor do I believe the room "must" remain special. I almost didn't vote because of these comments. :rolleyes:
Stop having a pop! 'need'..'must'? you missed out 'special' :) People need to be led in the direction you want them to go. I suppose I could just create a room here and be lord and master over my own fiefdom. Might be easier :rolleyes:

Bumble my initial reply to you was bit rushed as I was wallpapering waiting for a strip to soak so I thought I'd add something to it... . Would you have preferred me to simply ask

Do you want guests back in YAH?
a. Yes
b. No
c. get stuffed

bit boring isn't it?

As for the words you had a pop at me over 'must' 'need' ..well I had to have a verb in the sentence. I really do think I'm being maligned and misunderstood. Some might even say the poll was just an afterthought and the whole point of that thread was an excuse to take pleasure in typing the very first sentence "YAH used to be one woman's personal fiefdom"..The Germans have a word for that "Schadenfreude" there are hidden depths to me.. yes all shallow! You see I have few..if any! friends in chat (what a surprise!) and I get bored so cut me some slack and stop having a pop! thank you. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperNova

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Im sure the DaliaDrama poked her tongue out at you angel lolll .... so there

TheDalaiDrama

Scum of the Earth!
Reaction score
Lmao nah I laughed.

Back