Should the YAH room be renamed?

• yes, more young people need to be encouraged

• no, it must remain a room primarily for old people

• stop posting silly threads

Results are only viewable after voting.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
If you've nothing to contribute to this thread just continue with the sly digs.. I'm used to them.

That's your opinion Shel and you're entitled to it but to ban me from discussing my YAH poll in the YAH room is a different matter entirely.. that can't be right. With power comes responsibility it must be wielded fairly and justly. The YAH swearing poll was freely discussed in there so why can't my YAH name change poll be mentioned? If I'm not allowed to publicise the poll fewer people will know about the vote.

Stop bandwagon jumping and find your own insults or contribute something worthwhile to the thread

People! have an open mind.., think how many younger chatters we could tempt into the room if it was called 'kick-Ass' chat!

'Think how many YOUNGER chatters we could tempt' ???...

That doesn't sound right to me.!

J

JustinCredible

'Think how many YOUNGER chatters we could tempt' ???...

That doesn't sound right to me.!
lol actually I originally typed out 'entice' younger chatters but I thought that sounded a bit dodgy! However this is an 18+ site so I'm not on dangerous ground. :rolleyes:

dragongirl

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Justin, I wasnt having a sly dig...I made a statement.........

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Thats it then.... I will have to avoid it, I'm not ready to peg out just yet.

Bumble_Bee

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Personally, I find the constant reference to age when discussing YAH condescending.

I don't think of the room in terms of the age, but more the style of chat, which, in my opinion, is friendly and unobjectionable in the main. It is my room of choice ,and I certainly do not consider myself to be "old"

A wide ranging age group already frequent the room, which I think is great and as I understand it, there is no age restriction on those that can enter the room and join in the chat.

As for encouraging new chatters, where would we be encouraging them from ? Other site rooms ? The Lobby ? The ban of guest users in the room would prevent encouraging "new" users as new to site chatters (those that "try before they buy") are unable to enter or experience the room prior to registering so are solely basing their chat experience on rooms such as the Lobby, which may not suit all chat tastes.

That said, the vast majority of users in YAH seems to support the ban on guest users in the room (I don't personally) but I think it would be a very unpopular decision to lift that particular ban.

Renaming the room is probably unnecessary.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
who moved the other debates from this forum ? I am referring mainly to one which was about people dodging bans and using other nicknames ?

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Oh dear ... youre not one of them are u hell2?

J

JustinCredible

I always thought the YAH room was for old peeps
Yes my understanding is that the room was initially created for the older chatter so the room's name was apt but since the average age in there has dropped considerably I just ask the question would a new name be more appropriate?

Justin, I wasnt having a sly dig...I made a statement.........
Yes..forgive me I was wrong. Calling me a drama queen I should regard as a term of endearment but someone has shortened that to 'queen' which i think you will agree is derogatory . ..I've been feeling a tad fragile of late . .the girlfriend's gibbed me....the smallest of things makes me feel emotionally weak..everything on the site seems to be about me it's one thing after another.. I'm not a drama queen honest! btw.. nice profile pic (yours not mine lol) x

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
How do you know how old they are in YAH ..... do you ask them or look at their profiles each time ?. The latter is not always the real truth.

LondonGuy

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
How do you know how old they are in YAH ..... do you ask them or look at their profiles each time ?. The latter is not always the real truth.
No way - so you not 99! You learn something new everyday on chat

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
I am sure you dont always believe everything you see and hear in chat rooms London guy.

Jude99

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Its like chinese whispers now on here....I aint got a clue who is talking about what anymore.

J

JustinCredible

Now the voting has closed (Overwhelmingly 15 to 3 in favour of changing the name) can I have suggestions for the next poll? personally I can't decide between "Should guests be allowed in YAH" or "Are there too many polls on the forum".

Last edited by a moderator:

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Now the voting has closed can I have suggestions for the next poll? personally I can't decide between "Should guests be allowed in YAH" or "Are there too many polls on the forum".
Justin the latter

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
My name for the room would be "Life begins at 40",no mention of how old ya Heart is :).We already have a Lobby which accommodates all age groups don`t we ? Also a "40 to 50" room and a "café" .

Back