What does UK Chat and Hotel California have in common?

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
I have seen a few people since I joined, almost pleading to be deleted, very strange, this line came to mind...

You can log out anytime you like, but you can never leave. :D
"Exciting times"? Surely, it can only get more exciting for you. :rolleyes:

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Some do...but it seems once here they have to stay forever...and ever,....the Eagles could have been singing about this very forum. :cool:
You're a Forum novice. Please don't try to appear as though you have any experience of this platform when you patently have not.
Moreover, please do not use emojis that we far more experienced contributors employ.
There is a place for protocol. You need to learn this, by example. Mine.
:rolleyes:
P.S. Just out of interest, do you actually EVER show yourself in any of the chatrooms?

S

Saphire

You're a Forum novice. Please don't try to appear as though you have any experience of this platform when you patently have not.
Moreover, please do not use emojis that we far more experienced contributors employ.
P.S. Just out of interest, do you actually EVER show yourself in any of the chatrooms?
Are you enjoying yourself following me around the forum like a lovesick puppy?:D

I wonder how long it'll take for you to cotton on that, newbie or not, I like to discuss and debate with people who I actually find interesting.
Sadly, you are way down on that list, you sound like a cocky 12 year old ... I am wayyy out of your league.

Now go and play little man, this is the last response you will get from me. :cool:

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
And you're the forum bore. Even your attempts at being edgy are tedious.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
And you're the forum bore. Even your attempts at being edgy are tedious.
You forgot to add that this will be the last I hear from you too.
At least appear to be united in your opinion.

C

CrazyCatLady

I have seen a few people since I joined, almost pleading to be deleted, very strange, this line came to mind...

You can log out anytime you like, but you can never leave. :D
I've been here since the end of July and tbh, it can be a bleedin' minefield!
I suppose like any pre-existing 'group', there are politics; people from another forum/site that knew each other and people that chat with one another in the chat rooms.
I don't go in the chat rooms and don't really hold conversations in PMs, so I only know of the dynamics on the board....and there's definitely some of them! I've been accused of having two profiles by two members and had a passive-aggressive thread started by another on the subject, and been called a number of names (as you have probably seen!).

It's not a friendly place, if you're writing doesn't fit in, but as I am with people in offline life, I don't give a f^*k! I'll do what I do, say what I say, write what I write- regardless.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
I can't say that I've seen any of you newcomers active in the chatrooms. This actually comes as NO surprise.
It amuses me that one of you commented on knowing others from alternative forums. To me, it looks that way currently with your cosy niche here.
I often find that people who prefer the Forum are those who lack a spontaneity which makes live conversation interesting.
I would really like to see how you interact in a chatroom so I can gauge you more faithfully. I doubt that I will be impressed though.

BronzeSquirrel

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I can't say that I've seen any of you newcomers active in the chatrooms. This actually comes as NO surprise.
It amuses me that one of you commented on knowing others from alternative forums. To me, it looks that way currently with your cosy niche here.
I often find that people who prefer the Forum are those who lack a spontaneity which makes live conversation interesting.
I would really like to see how you interact in a chatroom so I can gauge you more faithfully. I doubt that I will be impressed though.
Who the **** wants to chat in a chat room with you? I'd rather cover my tits in honey and nail them to a beehive.

S

Saphire

I suppose like any pre-existing 'group', there are politics; people from another forum/site that knew each other and people that chat with one another in the chat rooms.
I don't go in the chat rooms and don't really hold conversations in PMs, so I only know of the dynamics on the board....and there's definitely some of them! I've been accused of having two profiles by two members and had a passive-aggressive thread started by another on the subject, and been called a number of names (as you have probably seen!).

It's not a friendly place, if you're writing doesn't fit in, but as I am with people in offline life, I don't give a f^*k! I'll do what I do, say what I say, write what I write- regardless.
Like you, I have not been in any chat room, I prefer the forum format.
So far, as forums go, I have found it friendly, obviously there will always be some tosser who takes offence or follows you round trying to pull you down....they dont count.

I like your 'dont give a f••k attitude, it would be a boring place if everyone posting agreed with each other.x

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Who the **** wants to chat in a chat room with you? I'd rather cover my tits in honey and nail them to a beehive.
I'd recommend the Kinky room on the ukchat.co.uk website to someone with your level of warped thinking.
Try it. You might like it. It'll certainly divert your facile attention somewhere more suitable.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

As Stephen Fry said.
"Many people prefer to be right than to be effective".

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
As Stephen Fry said.
"Many people prefer to be right than to be effective".
**** Stephen Fry. If you are that way inclined. I find him the 'king of pseudo-polyglots', personally.
:confused:

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
**** Stephen Fry. If you are that way inclined. I find him the 'king of pseudo-polyglots', personally.
:confused:
No idea, his latin is ok.
As for anything else.

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Of course, we all judge people on their ability to 'speak' Latin.

Quid Pro Quo simply means something for somthing.
Do Ut Des means I give so you can give.
Thats the one those who despise cronyism should be using.
Very different contextual meanings.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Quid Pro Quo simply means something for somthing.
Do Ut Des means I give so you can give.
Thats the one those who despise cronyism should be using.
Very different contextual meanings.
Essentially, quid pro quo can be seen as literal reciprocation.
I used that example in summary response to both Stephen Fry, and your lesser self.

Back