Buzzwords

B

Bad_Influence

I like to think that I AM educated in things that really matter, not trivial 'pop culture'. Hence I added this as a buzzword (i.e. a word that is currently in popular use.) Rightly or wrongly.
The changing of the meaning of an established word in the dictionary only proves to me that there are few new words in the English language only ludicrous changes to their meaning.
I imagine that this 'practice' has been going on for decades, if not centuries, in one form or another.
Your knowledge of it being used for a number of years only suggests that you are more aware of developments of this nature than I am.
This has not enriched my vocabulary at all. It has only served to condemn the abuse of the greatest language on earth.

And finally might I add: chat was meant for chat rooms not Forums. You only have to look at a few of the threads to see how disastrously that is heading.
:rolleyes:

Educated? Pmsfl You are just a pretentious freak who likes to think he’s superior to everyone else.
Go back to being Hells puppeteer, he’s missing you.

WickedPerdition

Chat Celebrity of the Decade*.
Reaction score
Educated? Pmsfl You are just a pretentious freak who likes to think he’s superior to everyone else.
Go back to being Hells puppeteer, he’s missing you.

Nobody cares... keep up you silly little man

You're ever-desperate to gain my attention, SAD. Once again, you bandwagon a thread and make NO worthwhile contribution, as per usual.

I find it equally strange and risible that for someone who claims my opinion is inconsequential you are the first to comment on ANY opinion I may have in the Forums. I have underlined your earlier quote in this thread, for reference.
Now, might I strongly suggest that you reserve your chat room level of stupidity for the chat rooms, where I'm sure it is better appreciated.
:rolleyes:

P.S. Do try to come up with some new 'insults'. Even ones that you haven't thrown at hell2bwith76.

Last edited:

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Fess up.
Where has this come from? Twice in the last few days, I've heard on the news that the BBC need to 'fess up". Do they mean 'confess'? Then why not say so! :rolleyes:

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Fess up.
Where has this come from? Twice in the last few days, I've heard on the news that the BBC need to 'fess up". Do they mean 'confess'? Then why not say so! :rolleyes:
chiefly US, informal. : to admit that one has done something wrong : confess At first he denied everything, but eventually he fessed up.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Fess up.
Standards of English are truly taking a rapid downward spiral.
I accept that we have a tendency to reduce words to monosyllables, especially in dialect, but this sort of thing is becoming the norm.
Similar examples are 'cos' and even 'coz'; def and deffo. I am sure that many more are currently in popular use.
Who cares if the Americans have adopted it? We should distance ourselves from this pernicious devaluation.
Why can't people uphold standards we once thought were worth upholding?

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
Standards of English are truly taking a rapid downward spiral.
I accept that we have a tendency to reduce words to monosyllables, especially in dialect, but this sort of thing is becoming the norm.
Similar examples are 'cos' and even 'coz'; def and deffo. I am sure that many more are currently in popular use.
Who cares if the Americans have adopted it? We should distance ourselves from this pernicious devaluation.
Why can't people uphold standards we once thought were worth upholding?
A careful One doesn't spout their true thought's on-Line. ;)

azureblue

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Starting a sentence with 'So.......' this annoys me so much I don't listen properly to the rest of what they have to say.

And 'Fur Babies' best I don't even get started on that one.

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Starting a sentence with 'So.......' this annoys me so much I don't listen properly to the rest of what they have to say.

I try to keep up but the words are changing so rapidly that i can`t !
"fumar" or "fuby" something like that ,i don`t have a clue !

WickedPerdition

Reaction score

So, what is your problem? ;)

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
U need a vibratoor for your irritated Anus! Maybe it lights up your Wicked boring Mood!!!!!
Wp resonates on a frequency different from most :)
Boring is definitely not a word I would use to describe WP's posts.

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
G7 BBQ without masks or social distancing, hugging, shaking hands, and having a good old laugh. Meanwhile, people have been unable to attend funerals, weddings or even visit their love ones in hospital. They've also been told to only allow a certain amount of people outside in their gardens, including social distancing.

Banned travel for us and holiday makers stitched up, although UEFA officials can enter the country and don't have to quarantine for the two weeks. Same for Royal Ascot. No mask or social distancing, or mandatory quarantine.

*sings* It's beginning to feel a lot like bullsh*t
Everywhere you go

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
bae

sup

slay

low key

high key

spill the tea

shook

peng

bossman

reh teh teh

lit

tekker

chirpsing

looking criss

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Given the UK's Steller performance in the recent ball kicking competition I have to applaud them taking the knee.
It just goes to show how much our so called "Celebrity Figures" know about history, philosophy or basic logic.

We should learn from this display of complete historical ignorance and attempt to forget one word when taken out of context.
That word is.

"Equality."

We have players paid hundreds of thousands if not millions if pounds supplicating themselves for equality.
Which the inequality of ability is the driving factor in them being there.

The irony of those at the pinnacle of their careers and being chosen to represent their country (The country which did more than any other to abolish slavery) , by bending a knee for equality, tis laughable.

WickedPerdition

Reaction score
Given the UK's Steller performance in the recent ball kicking competition I have to applaud them taking the knee.
It just goes to show how much our so called "Celebrity Figures" know about history, philosophy or basic logic.

We should learn from this display of complete historical ignorance and attempt to forget one word when taken out of context.
That word is.

"Equality."

We have players paid hundreds of thousands if not millions if pounds supplicating themselves for equality.
Which the inequality of ability is the driving factor in them being there.

The irony of those at the pinnacle of their careers and being chosen to represent their country (The country which did more than any other to abolish slavery) , by bending a knee for equality, tis laughable.
Much as I advocate your point of view, I fear that your comment is seriously misplaced in this thread.
Why use so many words when one will do?
Equality, wasn't it?

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The country which did more than any other to abolish slavery... tuts.
Weird how some just recall what suits in these cases.
You forgot to mention India, which they exploited to the bone. till much more recent times, compared to the abolishment of slavery in other parts of The British Empire.

India?
I did not forget to mention India, it had no bearing on the point I was making.
But seeing how you bring it up, do you really want to go down that rabbit hole?

I will happily debate the merits and flaws of Britain's ruling of India, it's inhumane treatment, yet outlawing of the "Untouchable" caste.
(side note, Ghandi did actually say that the "Bhangi" or lower caste, should "while deriving his livelihood from his occupation, would approach it only as a sacred duty" whilst talking about the "removal of night soil" (faeces))

It's oppression and control of the people, yet who it brought education and the English language to so they could be administrators within their own country.

Bear in mind the teaching of the English language and administrative capabilities has allowed India to become a modern day powerhouse in the service industry.

The rail network, which yes benefitted the EITC greatly, but also allowed the transport of goods and people within the interior for the benefit of all.

As in most things in life, to look at a situation from only 1 side tends to be the norm.

Yes Britain plundered India for it's wealth and resources, no doubt about it, as did many other countries around the world.
However did India benefit in the long term from it, a debatable point.

Once you actually study a subject you see things tend to be much more complex.

As for Britain doing more than any other country in the world to stop slavery, have you heard of the West Africa Squadron?
Yes the British government paid off slave owners for their "Losses", yes Britain made fortunes with the slave trade.

But you know who actually lost more than the British, the African leaders.

It was the African leaders who needed the slave trade, who's entire economy was built on it, they hated the British for outlawing it.
Yet man Africans bravely volunteered to serve with the West Africa Squadron.

Tribal slavery was the norm in Africa, as in many other parts of the world.

Let us also not forget the largest slave trade was not the European/America's, it was the Middle Eastern slave trade, where slaves were neutered (by removal of all male genetalia) to prevent them breeding.

So again, a very complex conversation, with many different perspectives.

Hardly worthy of a simple "tut".

Moriarty

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Very complex indeed, as are the accounts from which people type in here.

Not just yours, but people in general who type on these forums.

You must either be sharing said accounts with other people or suffer from multiple personality disorder, which also affects your level of knowledge, intelligence, grammar, punctuation, spelling .... I could go on and on.

I tend to withdraw from people who suffer from such disorders (reason for which I rarely post anymore), as one never knows which personality is going to appear.

Have a nice evening/night/ day/ , depending on what time you'll be reading this :)

Really, you think I have either multiple accounts or multiple personalities :oops:

I can assure you neither is true, I just like to find out if my points are valid or not.

It's the best way to learn :)

As C.S. Lewis said :-
“Two heads are better than one, not because either is infallible, but because they are unlikely to go wrong in the same direction.”

B

Bad_Influence

Really, you think I have either multiple accounts or multiple personalities :oops:

I can assure you neither is true, I just like to find out if my points are valid or not.

It's the best way to learn :)

As C.S. Lewis said :-
“Two heads are better than one, not because either is infallible, but because they are unlikely to go wrong in the same direction.”
Ignore Omega, it just accuses everyone of having multiple accounts because it’s had several different names here, so thinks everyone else does the same.

TheBabayaga

Life is but a Dream within a dream
Reaction score
What in Tarrrnations....is goin owwwnn?

Back