True British Spirit.

B

Bad_Influence

Then he does that creepy "you think you know all about me" with a creepy laugh because like a typical psychopath he really does assume he is that important and when in fact people avoid these boards because his purple gammon faced angry bile is ever-present.

Excuse me? I'm a sociopath, not a psychopath... learn the difference halfwit.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
The kindness and caring, for his community, is outstanding. The same can be said for the volunteers. Well done Mr Muhammad Nazakat. Very well done. Your community will be so proud of you all.

'The project happened for the first time in 2019, after shop owner Muhammad Nazakat saw an increase in homelessness across the city. This year, due also to Covid_19, the Victoria Fish Bar in Whitchurch, opened its doors to homeless and vulnerable people to offer them a warm meal and someone to talk to on Christmas Day as volunteers delivered meals. The chip shop staff also had an army of volunteers who not only helped to distribute the food, but also gave out money and clothing to the homeless. They also provided meals to the Huggard Centre, the University Hospital of Wales, Llandough Hospital in the Vale of Glamorgan and many police and fire stations in the city.'

walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/whitchurch-chip-shop-dishes-up-19522577

cardiff chippy.jpg

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Another example of the kindness that epitomises the true feeling of being British. The working together to stay strong. The diversity. Well done to them all.

'Three friends made and handed out more than 2,000 Christmas dinners for homeless and vulnerable people over the course of four days.
Jack Meldrum, George Stewart and Tallulah Horton ran the project for four days last week, making a total of 2,041 Christmas dinners.'
The trio, from Leicester, prepared and cooked the meals at a bar and restaurant and then charities helped distribute them to those most in need.
The majority were given to the homeless in the Midlands but some went as far as Scotland. The meals were mostly given to homeless charities but some also went to those in social housing and elderly people.'
Leicester friends feed 2,000 people Christmas dinner - Free Chat Rooms

_116211325_meals1.jpg

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Hats off to J K Rowling, obe.
She has given over 1 million pounds, to charities since this began.
A true hero.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Some of the real heroes. Those who gave their lives while helping others during this pandemic. Our diversity is our strength.

'Healthcare workers are on the frontline of efforts to treat patients during this covid-19 pandemic. Sadly many healthcare workers across the world lost their lives to covid-19 while in the line of duty.

The BMA has been collecting the names of doctors in the UK who died while working during the pandemic. This page is a memorial to those lives lost.' Remembering the UK doctors who have died of covid-19 | The BMJ - Free Chat Rooms

doctos who have died of covid.png

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Mean while some where there's a someone doing good and not asking for publicisty,, just quietly getting on with it ,
Lets see what new years honour list say's.
In meantime may i remind you all we in middle a crisis and stop getting your knickers in a twist .

Happy new year to ALL.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I was hoping people would say well done J K Rowling.
I really dont understand, the mentality, here,
You invite us to post up heroic acts, like giving a million pounds to one charity, and 50k to a foodbank.
You were only too happy to praise marcus rashford, for the same thing.
Whats the diffrence?
Are you saying, J K Rowlings not a true hero?

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Then he does that creepy "you think you know all about me" with a creepy laugh because like a typical psychopath he really does assume he is that important and when in fact people avoid these boards because his purple gammon faced angry bile is ever-present.
One thing in his favour .The chatroom mods and imo the Admin are bewitched by him .:)

hell2bwith76

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Mean while some where there's a someone doing good and not asking for publicisty,, just quietly getting on with it ,
Lets see what new years honour list say's.
In meantime may i remind you all we in middle a crisis and stop getting your knickers in a twist .

Happy new year to ALL.
You should know by now that New Years Honours are usually given to "buddies" of the party ,especially with this party !

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
No one asks for publicity. But there are many who deserve it. This 'publicity' is spreading hope, and showing the value of volunteering, for all those who have helped, in the millions of ways they have.

This whole thread is about how kind we can be to each other. It is supporting all those who have stepped up to the mark.

Praising those who get no reward, no medal, no money, and showing how communities across the UK help each other. Diversity makes us strong.

Together we are stronger.

As a volunteer I vouch for the following article.

Why being kind to others is good for your health

''Newspapers started writing about Betty Lowe when she was 96 years old. Despite being long past retirement age, she was still volunteering at a café at Salford Royal Hospital in Greater Manchester, UK, serving coffee, washing dishes and chatting to patients. Then Lowe turned 100. “Still volunteers at hospital”, the headlines ran. Then she reached 102 and the headlines declared: “Still volunteering”. The same again when she turned 104. Even at 106, Lowe would work at the café once a week, despite her failing eyesight.

Lowe told the reporters who interviewed her that the reason she kept working at the café long after most people would have chosen to put their feet up was because she believed volunteering kept her healthy. And she was probably right. Science reveals that altruistic behaviours, from formal volunteering and monetary donations to random acts of everyday kindness, promote wellbeing and longevity.

Studies show, for instance, that volunteering correlates with a 24% lower risk of early death – about the same as eating six or more servings of fruits and vegetables each day, according to some studies. What’s more, volunteers have a lower risk of high blood glucose, and a lower risk of the inflammation levels connected to heart disease. They also spend 38% fewer nights in hospitals than people who shy from involvement in charities.''

Why being kind to others is good for your health - Free Chat Rooms

Last edited:

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Please continue to post information about anyone you believe has helped, volunteered, sacrificed. It is so good to realise that every single one of us has the ability to care, share, given of our time. Look as how diverse we are. How strong this makes us.

Respect to all.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I would rather this thread did not fall into the way of many of the other threads. A point scoring operation and fight between certain forum users. If that happens, I will ask Admin to delete the whole thread. Which would be a terrible shame as it is a place we can find hope in all this darkness. Or that was my intention when I made the OP.

So please, no matter the dislikes etc., you may have for each other, please take it to another appropriate thread.

Thank you.

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Rather disturbing image...

The 2 females in the background (1 with a sainsburys bag for life) NOT keeping a safe distance even though theres a big red sign stating "keep your distance" right infront of them!

Upper left of the image shows what can only be described as a lynching post.

The guy wrapping gifts for vulnerable children looks like Corbyn.

This person is obscuring what looks like a young blonde child on his knees (a vulnerable position).

Same said person is wearing a jumper, "dreaming of a red christmas".

Whats your motive??
Great post lol what exactly is that child doing on his knees in that room full of adults? a truly disturbing image indeed!

I have no problems whatsoever with the efforts to help people in need, what decent person would? The problem I have, is when people politicise it and use hunger to further their own agendas.

megs233

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Please continue to post information about anyone you believe has helped, volunteered, sacrificed. It is so good to realise that every single one of us has the ability to care, share, given of our time. Look as how diverse we are. How strong this makes us.

Respect to all.
oh can i post my own piccy then?

L

Lancashire

Not forgetting 10 long years of austerity, and long before 'Covid', has continuosly wreaked havoc on already downtrodden communities reliant on public services and which have been slashed to the bone by this tory regime and their bedfellows the wretched lib dems who drew up the original plans for austerity. Volunteers from all communities who go about their work quietly without making a song and dance about it and who give something back to those who have so little whether it be the basic necessities like food or advice or just a smile and some quiet words of comfort.

Billyliar

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
I recall tony blair smiling allover his face in 2001, when J k got her obe!

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
So you can take care about what matters in life.

A Dutch advert. Bring a smile to your heart.

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
oh can i post my own piccy then?

You deserve to be praised for helping/volunteering as much as the next person.

So please do, post your photos. That is what the following says.

'Please continue to post information about anyone you believe has helped, volunteered, sacrificed. It is so good to realise that every single one of us has the ability to care, share, given of our time. Look at how diverse we are. How strong this makes us.

Respect to all.'

TwoWhalesInAPool

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
sandra samson.jpg Christmas Kindness

East Devon business woman Sandra Sampson writes for this title.

''Wow its Christmas 2020, well done for having made it through one of the most difficult years, certainly in my living memory.

I’d like you all to do me one favour on Christmas day and that is ring just one person who you haven’t spoken to for a while or better still someone who lives alone and wish them “a very Happy Christmas”.

If we all did this, we would all contribute to brightening their day and bringing a smile to someone’s face. I fundamentally believe Christmas is for giving and this small act of kindness, especially for someone on their own, will offer a break from loneliness they may be experiencing.

Christmas is an emotional time of year and the feeling of loneliness is heightened tenfold over the festive period, we are sociable beings and being alone is not normal.

The problem with loneliness this year with the current Covid restrictions, may mean that more people than ever will be alone as their family gatherings cannot go ahead as planned.''

Many may fall foul of the criteria laid out by the Government or they are afraid to mix with family members that are in Tier 3 or working in more risky Covid environs.

contd: Sandra Sampson: Spread a little Christmas Kindness - Free Chat Rooms

Last edited:
Back