Sock it to me!!!

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
Multimillionaires wont give a sausage what do they care about joe public

should been 30% of there earning tight arse gits

B

Bad_Influence

Ah so you are both ignoring the fact that most Premier League footballers didn't want to take the suggested 30% pay cut because the money would go to the already rich clubs, they preferred to give the 30% to charity. But hey, it's much easier to slate them without knowing the facts isn't it?

If it's announced that they give millions of £ you would have a go saying they are only doing it for attention, if they don't announce it you assume they don't donate... they can't win.
And why should they not use their fame to encourage others to donate to charities? Surely it can only be a good thing?

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Ah so you are both ignoring the fact that most Premier League footballers didn't want to take the suggested 30% pay cut because the money would go to the already rich clubs, they preferred to give the 30% to charity. But hey, it's much easier to slate them without knowing the facts isn't it?

If it's announced that they give millions of £ you would have a go saying they are only doing it for attention, if they don't announce it you assume they don't donate... they can't win.
And why should they not use their fame to encourage others to donate to charities? Surely it can only be a good thing?
Believe it when I see it!

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
No bad shouldt go to the clubs should go straight to a pool for the hns and such like

i also believe ceos of rich companys should put money in the pot

Words

UKChat Expert
Reaction score
How do you know they have ?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Why are people singling out footballers for special attention? They're not the only high earners in the country, yet bandwagon jumpers are having a high old time. What about tennis players, golf players, movie stars, pop stars, tv stars, any old stars!. Kindly stop beating up on one section of society.

B

Bad_Influence

How do you know they have ?

Words, as I have said up there, many footballers have their own charitable foundations and many more are ambassadors to other charities. Do you really think they won't have helped at this time?
I don't know which CEOs have or have not donated but I do not automatically ASSUME that they haven't, nor do I assume they have. But slating them for not doing something that they may well have done is, in my humble opinion, a bit daft. :)

B

Bad_Influence

Why are people singling out footballers for special attention? They're not the only high earners in the country, yet bandwagon jumpers are having a high old time. What about tennis players, golf players, movie stars, pop stars, tv stars, any old stars!. Kindly stop beating up on one section of society.

Go to Yahoo and see the news story about George Clooney and his missus donating $1million then read the comments. Only 5 there as I type this but 3 of them are slating the pair. Either accusing them of using it as a tax write off, or for attention, or just jumping on the bandwagon.
And folk wonder why rich celebs don't generally advertise their charity work.

Snowmanky

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
Too many Americanisms on this thread .

Wojcik

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
I think the real question about donations is who you're donating to, and what percentage of that donation is actually going to the cause. Me personally, I'm very picky about who i donate to. I understand that 100% of donations won't go to the cause because workers need to be paid and it keeps the organisation running. The two i will usually donate to are Myton and Help For Heroes. Usually any British military based charities I'll make a donation towards.

Reaction score
I have concerns about what this money raised through donations will be spent on. I'd rather it go on ensuring that the medical personnel are properly equipped to deal with the task at hand, instead I think the money will be squandered off elsewhere.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
I have concerns about what this money raised through donations will be spent on. I'd rather it go on ensuring that the medical personnel are properly equipped to deal with the task at hand, instead I think the money will be squandered off elsewhere.

Interesting point made this morning on radio where an ex German Health Minister was being asked why the death rate, as well as the infection rate in Germany was so low compared to that of the UK.
His reply was stunning. 'Your NHS' he said ' that is your problem. It is overrun with bureaucracy, too much red tape and too many managers.'
This won't be news to many of us but, if this has caused unnecessary deaths then surely someone somewhere should take note.

xxwhite_dovexx

Hello from Florida! Be thankful !
Reaction score
Interesting point made this morning on radio where an ex German Health Minister was being asked why the death rate, as well as the infection rate in Germany was so low compared to that of the UK.
His reply was stunning. 'Your NHS' he said ' that is your problem. It is overrun with bureaucracy, too much red tape and too many managers.'
This won't be news to many of us but, if this has caused unnecessary deaths then surely someone somewhere should take note.
I totally agree! this is why i quit working at hospital. they made it clear that the insurance runs the hospital and not the care.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
This walking for charity thing is becoming a disease in itself.
We now see wee girls, old men, one legged veterans and more assorted aged, ill, damaged people all walking round their yards, for charity? or some of Old Tom's glory?
Hope it's all legit!
PS How do you chose?

Back