Local flooding

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Those poor communities in Wales that have had their homes flooded out, why is nothing being done for them? they're being offered £500, what's that going to do? wouldn't even cover the contents of the freezer! They're expected to be insured, insurance that they can't get. It would appear fire and flood is treated differently.

B

Bad_Influence

Those poor communities in Wales that have had their homes flooded out, why is nothing being done for them? they're being offered £500, what's that going to do? wouldn't even cover the contents of the freezer! They're expected to be insured, insurance that they can't get. It would appear fire and flood is treated differently.

That'll teach them for burning all our holiday homes back in the 70's. :p:p

In all seriousness though, yes they should be compensated fairly, but the blame lies at the door of every insurance company, not the Gov't or local councils. Insurance companies are have to cover you for a meteor strike, solar flares, or invasion by an army of Michael Ball fans, but they turn down any application for cover against something that might actually happen.

Dong

UKChat Familiar
Reaction score
That'll teach them for burning all our holiday homes back in the 70's. :p:p

In all seriousness though, yes they should be compensated fairly, but the blame lies at the door of every insurance company, not the Gov't or local councils. Insurance companies are have to cover you for a meteor strike, solar flares, or invasion by an army of Michael Ball fans, but they turn down any application for cover against something that might actually happen.
I thought they were devolved. Why are they screaming at us?

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
They only do that when there's English people within earshot. lol
Exactly, I often come across it, drives me mad does that. Even though you can't speak Welsh yourself, you just know when they're talking about you, the body-language, the demeanour, you know .. . . either that or I'm paranoid :)

B

Bad_Influence

Exactly, I often come across it, drives me mad does that. Even though you can't speak Welsh yourself, you just know when they're talking about you, the body-language, the demeanour, you know .. . . either that or I'm paranoid :)

Being paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you. :)

Miss_Understanding

The chances are, I don’t care
Staff member
Reaction score
It's the same in Doncaster, the floods late last year were awful here and they got virtually no help. And now the river is about to burst again, I feel sorry for them all. :-(

B

Bad_Influence

It's the same in Doncaster, the floods late last year were awful here and they got virtually no help. And now the river is about to burst again, I feel sorry for them all. :-(

That's what you get for being the wrong side of The Pennines. :D:D:p:p:p

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
That's what you get for being the wrong side of The Pennines. :D:D:p:p:p

Lives have been lost. Homes and Businesses have been wrecked.

Hardly the time for a Joke.

Think yourself lucky you are not effected.

Poco_Loco

✪ Administrator
Reaction score

I got no help when you left my bathroom tap running and i had *Bathbombs* chasing me down the stairs ;)

xx

LadyOnArooftop

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
If the forum got flooded with my posts would I get a grant, or more likely a punch up the bracket?

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Wow - that's quite a dreadful thing to say! Lots of non-Welsh people simply fail to understand that we speak Welsh all day, every day, a bit like others speak English or French.

Back