General Question to all..

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I burn wood in my wood burner, in order to produce heat.

Where does the heat come from, The Wood... or the fire it produces?

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Fire.

The heat of the flame heats the fuel, your wood (tee hee!), so it continues to burn as long as there is fuel (the wood) and oxygen around it. The fire spreads as the flame ignites gases created by burning the wood. You need to ignite in the first place, obvs. The fire keeps wood at the ignition temp. Careful when warming your wood. :D:D:D

bhgxusa0123

Staff member
Reaction score
Fire.

The heat of the flame heats the fuel, your wood (tee hee!), so it continues to burn as long as there is fuel (the wood) and oxygen around it. The fire spreads as the flame ignites gases created by burning the wood. You need to ignite in the first place, obvs. The fire keeps wood at the ignition temp. Careful when warming your wood. :D:D:D
from the flame my gas fireplace produces, WOod is too much work lol

JJ50

UKChat Initiate
Reaction score
Without fire there would be no heat, that seems obvious to me.:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Yet what is fire? It appears to be a gas yet feeds off other gases, which may be in physical form, like some sort of acid? Its pretty unique in my eyes.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Yet what is fire? It appears to be a gas yet feeds off other gases, which may be in physical form, like some sort of acid? Its pretty unique in my eyes.
Fire is ace. So are the little snippets and wisdoms people have as footnotes here. How do you do that?! Please tell me!:)

Reaction score
Fire is ace. So are the little snippets and wisdoms people have as footnotes here. How do you do that?! Please tell me!:)

Erm, dunno, I know most other people will be thinking along the same lines when it comes to something so I try to think about what other people aren't thinking about when it comes to something. Guess its my interpretation of logic, imagination and creativity.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
Erm, dunno, I know most other people will be thinking along the same lines when it comes to something so I try to think about what other people aren't thinking about when it comes to something. Guess its my interpretation of logic, imagination and creativity.
Noooo! I mean your 'Random...' footnote! I want one! x

Reaction score
Noooo! I mean your 'Random...' footnote! I want one! x

Well thats down to curiosity, I have to fiddle with everything to know what everything does. Yeah its referred to as your signature in your profile settings, just type what you want in the box.

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
You have to think 'Outside the wood burner'...

It was a Science question.!

As a Tree grows, it absorbs SUN-light and it stores that light as 'potential Energy'.

When you burn wood...you release that energy. Fire and Heat is produced. You and are literally feeling (Stored) heat from the SUN.

The same goes for Coal, Oil, Natural gas....So on and so forth.

All the energy comes from our closest star..The Sun.

I just wondered if anyone here would know that.

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score
So now you know how to do it...where is yours?

| Haha |
I'm saving it. Don't want to spoil you. And the sun thing - well, DURR - everything ultimately comes courtesy of our burnyhot friend, fool. In that case, EVERYTHING has latent energy. Pah. Exasperating boy.

:p

supercookie123

UKChat Celebrity
Reaction score

Oh, and you only gave us TWO options. SUN wasn't there.o_O

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score
I'm saving it. Don't want to spoil you. And the sun thing - well, DURR - everything ultimately comes courtesy of our burnyhot friend, fool. In that case, EVERYTHING has latent energy. Pah. Exasperating boy.

And you..a Teacher?...A Teacher of what exactly?...

Hmmm....!

Altair

Web Master
Reaction score

Well in that case...Durr...Why didn't you answer the question beforehand?...

Exasperating...? Takes some thought to come up with that.

I like it.

Pah..;)

Back